Windows 10: Restore or Save Point

Discus and support Restore or Save Point in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please note my System Protection is turned on. My questions are as follows: 1. When Windows 10 updates, does Windows 10 automatically create a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hey there MSSW, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Restore or Save Point

Please note my System Protection is turned on.

My questions are as follows:

1. When Windows 10 updates, does Windows 10 automatically create a new system restore point prior to its update?

2. If I were to manually create a new restore point now, do I click on the Create button where it says “To create a restore point, first enable protection by selecting a drive and clicking Configure” in the System Protection tab under System Properties?

3. What is the best frequency or when is a restore point created best, among below:

a. I’ve seen in the Internet about doing a restore point upon start-up. Is it advisable to have a restore point created automatically upon start-up versus when Windows 10 automatically creates a new system restore point, i.e., assuming Windows 10 does automatically create a new system restore point. Getting ahead of your answer to question # 1? If yes, what are the steps without dealing with the registry?

b. Should we manually create a system restore point anew following your answer to question # 2 above before downloading app updates?

c. If I newly download an app from the Microsoft Store, should I create a new restore point prior to downloading the new app? If yes, is it by following your answer to question # 2?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Hey there MSSW, Mar 27, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

what is the ideal size to save restore point?

The first- suggests you are saving system images to that drive- which seems a bad idea if it's an internal drive.

The second- that seems a very small amount of usage- at a guess, you've no restore points.

dalchina, Mar 27, 2020
  3. epulone Win User
    how to block or save a restore point

The restore point has saved my time sometime specially when the machine becomes unmanageable. Unfortunately often I found the last restore point available corrupted (the first working one has been overwritten - not present in the list - ). I know in this way I loose updates and downloads in between but at the end it saves me time anyway .....I have tried different options but did not find a way to block or save the creation of new points >> for example I tried turning on the restore setting > create a new point > then if i disable the system restore (setting it off) i loose the one previously created ( it is deleted / lost) in fact when I turn the system protection on again and I try to recover looking the last point created in the system restore I do not find any saved point (it is empty).

Is there a solution?

Thanks

epulone, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Roan T Win User

Restore or Save Point

the restore point

Hi Alvaro,

You can save the state of the operating system and your own files by
    creating a restore point, so that if future changes cause a problem, you can
    return them
    to previous versions and settings.

We suggest that you check the article below and follow the
    guidelines and steps under Restore from a system restore point.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Restore or Save Point

1. Restore or Save Point - Similar Threads - Restore Save Point

2. Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?: Downloaded files count as personal files right? Like documents, pictures, etc. and won't be removed? I don't mean games that are put into directories, just downloaded files in general. Will they be kept?...
  3. Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?: Downloaded files count as personal files right? Like documents, pictures, etc. and won't be removed? I don't mean games that are put into directories, just downloaded files in general. Will they be kept?...
  4. Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Saving manual restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Saving manual restore points: Hi i sometimes create a manual restore point, before I make certain changes, is there any way to save these or prevent them being deleted ? Thanks 168890
  6. Created Restore Point where saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Created Restore Point where saved: Created a restore point but now unable to locate it in the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/created-restore-point-where-saved/efe3081a-8cfa-44a9-973f-cf2b3350fc07
  7. Restore points not saving shadow copies of files

Restore points not saving shadow copies of files: I read that restore points save files and on the user's profile that you may restore later if you delete or edit them. I've been testing this and couldn't see it working. Am I missing something? Example: - I created a restore point then edited a file in my...
  8. How to Keep or Save a Restore Point in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Keep or Save a Restore Point in Windows 10: Hello there, Restore Points in Windows 10: There is an automatic restore point in system restore. Those restore points are deleted automatically, and new ones are created. How can I keep one of those points before it is deleted? Is there a way to save the restore point?...
  9. how to block or save a restore point

how to block or save a restore point: The restore point has saved my time sometime specially when the machine becomes unmanageable. Unfortunately often I found the last restore point available corrupted (the first working one has been overwritten - not present in the list - ). I know in this way I loose updates...
  10. what is the ideal size to save restore point?

what is the ideal size to save restore point?: as seen in this image, mine is set to save with this size limit. should i increase it? i ask because few weeks ago when i tried to use restore option to revert to time when pc was working fine, and got error message and said it couldnt use it...maybe because the size i set...