Windows 10: Restore OS USB installed OS but does not function

Discus and support Restore OS USB installed OS but does not function in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I needed to create a recovery USB for my work laptop, so I created one using 'create a recovery drive' method. I launched the laptop through the USB,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AidanChristofferson, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Restore OS USB installed OS but does not function

I needed to create a recovery USB for my work laptop, so I created one using 'create a recovery drive' method.

I launched the laptop through the USB, ran the OS installation and restarted as it asked. However, upon restart it did not

appear to have worked. The OS was either not installed or installed properly as it did not launch into Win 10 as expected.

I reran the recovery program multiple times yet the same results come out.

The laptop is for 10 pro.

Any suggestions you may have I greatly appreciate.

:)

AidanChristofferson, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Harry9001 Win User

Unable to install any OS

Hi guys, I'm unable to install any OS. I tried ubuntu and got input/output error, tried installing window 7 error 0x80000010.

Downloaded iso's of both again and again still same result. Got a new SSD still the same, tried a different usb still the same.

I'm fed up, have been trying since the past 1 month still am unable to install.
    I've listed my specs in my profile.

PS Have even tried/changed my ram.
    Where the pug is the problem ?

I have been using live usb to work on computer for now but I need a permanent OS.

Harry9001, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Unable to install any OS

Ram, if a cmos clear doesnt fix it, replace the ram. check the seating of the CPU too make sure there are no bent pins

eidairaman1, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Restore OS USB installed OS but does not function

Restore the OS

Hi,

You can use the Windows Recovery Tool to downgrade from Windows 10 to 8.1. Please see the following steps below.

Start by downloading and installing Windows Device Recovery Tool (for Windows 10, 8.x and 7) from here:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=525569

When the installation has finished, start the application and the main screen will appear:

Restore OS USB installed OS but does not function 9abe97bb-3458-4934-9737-294e08945a5d.png

The procedure to restore your phone using Windows Device Recovery Tool is as follows:

• Connect the phone to your PC (using the USB cable that came with the phone).
    • After a few seconds the PC should find the phone and you'll see the Phone Selection screen. Click your phone in this screen to select it.
    • After a few seconds more the latest available firmware version for your device will be shown. Click the 'Install software'/'Reinstall software' button to flash your phone
    Windows Device Recovery Tool will then download and install the latest firmware + OS available for your phone

Note! Your phone will be reset to factory status when using this tool.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Restore OS USB installed OS but does not function

1. Restore OS USB installed OS but does not function - Similar Threads - Restore USB installed

2. windows os usb install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows os usb install: im trying to use the media creation tool to install a copy of windows 10 os onto a usb drive however whenever i attempt to do this it says i need 8gb of space on my ssd and wont let me install it onto the usb...
  3. windows os usb install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows os usb install: im trying to use the media creation tool to install a copy of windows 10 os onto a usb drive however whenever i attempt to do this it says i need 8gb of space on my ssd and wont let me install it onto the usb...
  4. windows os usb install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Network Functionality in Windows OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Functionality in Windows OS: Experience : * if periodically refresh Netwrok Adapter & prevent it from falling asleep - it runs as indeed,practically is to click from time to time on icon3 - 5 minsto open Networks & with this to refresh Network Discovery, as with time some networks get invisible,& most...
  6. Network Functionality in Windows OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Functionality in Windows OS: Experience : * if periodically refresh Netwrok Adapter & prevent it from falling asleep - it runs as indeed,practically is to click from time to time on icon3 - 5 minsto open Networks & with this to refresh Network Discovery, as with time some networks get invisible,& most...
  7. Network Functionality in Windows OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Installation of OS

Installation of OS: HiI m using Dell Inspirion 3505 laptop with Win 10 Home. It was pre installed with OS on HDD. I wanted it installed on a SSD and so a OS in SSD was installed. My SSD OS got corrupted and I am unable to recover the Operating System. Kindly refer the screenshot belowI have a...
  9. OS install

OS install: Recently my computer at home has not allowed me access as administrator. Believe it is because I removed the "default user" account that was randomly and without my knowing, installed as the admin, but anyway. I have only ever created the one user account and now I can't...
  10. OS is completely non-functional

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS is completely non-functional: So last night I started up my computer and almost immediately upon reaching my desktop, the system froze then gave me the bsod. Upon restarting, it automatically launched the windows automatic repair tool. It was making slow progress for a while, but upon some googling, I...