Windows 10: restore point couldn't be created for the following reason: The specific volume is nested...

Discus and support restore point couldn't be created for the following reason: The specific volume is nested... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; That's the error message I receive if I try to create a restore point on any of the 10 drives in/attached to my CPU, including the "C" drive. There is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by According to Hoyle, Aug 13, 2019.

1. restore point couldn't be created for the following reason: The specific volume is nested...

That's the error message I receive if I try to create a restore point on any of the 10 drives in/attached to my CPU, including the "C" drive. There is an online discussion about this problem that frankly I could not follow, nor produce any results following. Help?

:)

According to Hoyle, Aug 13, 2019

2. Cannot Create a Restore Point Error 0x8004232c - Windows 10

For years have been able to create a restore point until recently. One change is I created a virtual drive (.vhd) with a few Gbs to store files and encrypted it with Bitlocker. Not sure if that makes a difference as have had a true crypt drive before without
    restore point problem.

Now Windows says "restore point couldn't be created for the following reason: The specific volume (which is my C drive) is nested too deeply to participate in the vss operation (0x8004232c)."

What does that mean and why can't restore points be created for the C drive? What do I need to do to create a restore point. They used to be created automatically but now previous restore points aren't listed like they used to be. I'm not a techie, so
    your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Smoothieusa, Aug 13, 2019
  3. creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

restore point couldn't be created for the following reason: The specific volume is nested...

Problem with creating a restore point

There may be an issue with the registry data of system restore. This can be the reason why you're unable to create a restore point. We will checking the registry data of system restore to see if the data are correct. If not, we may need to edit its data.
    Since we may need to edit the registry, we have to back up it first so that we will have a copy of the data in case something happened to the registry data. You can back up the registry by following the steps
    here. Once you've backed up the registry, follow the steps below to check if the registry of system
    restore are correct:

• Right click the Windows logo (Start button), and then click Run.
    • In the Run textbox, type regedit.
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT
    • Check f you see a folder named SystemRestore. If you cannot see it, you can create one by following these steps:
      • Right-click Windows NT, and then hover your to New.
      • Choose Key.
      • Name the new "Key" as SystemRestore.
    • If you can see the "SystemRestore" folder, click it and check if you can see the DWORD value
      DisableConfig on the right pane. If you just created the "SystemRestore" folder, follow these steps:
      • Click the folder and right-click the space on the right pane.
      • Hover you mouse to New, and then choose DWORD (32-bit) Value.
      • Name the new item as DisableConfig.
    • Right-click "DisableConfig" and select Modify.
    • Change the Value data to 1.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

restore point couldn't be created for the following reason: The specific volume is nested...

1. restore point couldn't be created for the following reason: The specific volume is nested... - Similar Threads - restore point couldn't

2. creating a restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating a restore point: creating a restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-restore-point/9c1f81c1-0eb2-4663-861f-edef4d87fa44
  3. The restore point could not be created for the following reason:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The restore point could not be created for the following reason:: The restore point could not be created for the following reason:The given shadow copy provider does not support shadow copying the specified volume. 0x8004230EPlease try again.I tried to start the Volume Shadow Copy and Windows Backup on service.msc and also change the...
  4. The restore point could not be created for the following reason:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The restore point could not be created for the following reason:: The restore point could not be created for the following reason:The given shadow copy provider does not support shadow copying the specified volume. 0x8004230EPlease try again.I tried to start the Volume Shadow Copy and Windows Backup on service.msc and also change the...
  5. "The restore point could not be created for the following reason:" "The shadow copy...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "The restore point could not be created for the following reason:" "The shadow copy...: It shows this when I tried to create a system restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-restore-point-could-not-be-created-for-the/c0acad2d-9e73-437a-892a-ff67cbb68863
  6. Create a restore point.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a restore point.: Hi there! Does anyone know what the problem is! Attached are 2 images. Unfortunately, the text is in Swedish. With best regards, R. T [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-restore-point/5c93a9c2-7f27-4cad-916b-cc10e0a3abd7
  7. Create A Restore Point with a specific date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create A Restore Point with a specific date: i have a video that i made a day ago. But it got corrupted! I need help. Can someone help me solve the problem by telling me how to make a restore point with a specific date, or tell me something else that will solve the case? submitted by /u/FyreBoyeYT [link] [comments]...
  8. The restore point could not be createdfor the following reason - Access is denied Ox80070005.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The restore point could not be createdfor the following reason - Access is denied Ox80070005.: Toshiba, Windows 10 laptop. Only just running after major system crash. Machine was recovered by using system restore in safe mode. Unable to create new manual restore point in normal mode. Want to check for updates....
  9. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  10. Creating restore points?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Creating restore points?: Is there an application, freeware or paid, that works in creating restore points in Windows 10, so if an installed application messes things up, I can restore the saved point, so Windows 10 loads as if the application was never installed in the first place, and Windows...