Windows 10: Restore point error

Discus and support Restore point error in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When I manually try and make a restore point using the windows program it ends with a property page error. [img] It still does the restore point... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mattfromoz, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Restore point error

When I manually try and make a restore point using the windows program it ends with a property page error.

Restore point error [​IMG]

It still does the restore point ok and seems to work all right if I need to use that point to restore
    no error notifications pop up using the System Restore Point shortcut tool or when system does a restore point when adding new programs or drivers.
    So my best guess is the error is showing up because this page is open

Restore point error [​IMG]

Does it on two machines running Home 10586.14

:)

mattfromoz, Nov 29, 2015

2. System restore (restore point) does not work error 0x80070003

Hello Szymon,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, please send us the screenshot of the error message that you're getting.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you perform clean boot then try to perform system restore again. To perform clean boot, please follow these steps:

• From Start, search for msconfig.
    • Select System Configuration from the search results.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click to select theHide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click OK, and then restart the computer.

Note: After the troubleshooting, boot your computer in normal mode by checking this link and
    look for How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 29, 2015
  3. System restore (restore point) does not work error 0x80070003

We have noticed that the post has been idle for quite some time now. We just want to check on things and confirm if you're still experiencing the issue. If so, we'll gladly provide assistance in any way we can.

We'll wait for your response.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 29, 2015
  4. KACI Win User

Restore point error

In the past I've had mixed success with restore points. These days I make a system image anytime I have a system change. Much more reliable.

5. dalchina New Member
    I agree with KACI. That said, what could you try? I suggest turning system restore off, reboot, then on again, then try again.

If you get the same error, you could have a look at the event log and see if there's any other hint.

You say you have encountered this on 2 PCs. So, did these ever create restore points successfully since installing Win 10? If so, what is unique to their configuration now?

See
    System - Microsoft Community

- not the same error no. but it may be worth searching generally for 'system restore property page' and similar.

Try sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt.

dalchina, Nov 29, 2015
  6. All good now on one machine no errors popping up my best guess is Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3116908) fixed it or running sfc /scannow a few times.
    Will run sfc /scan and have a look at error logs on other machine
    edit.. came good after sfc scan.
    I had ran sfc scans before to try and fix this error with no positive results.
    O well
    Both machines running well
    thx for the replies

mattfromoz, Dec 5, 2015
  7. CountMike New Member
    Third party AV can interfere with System restore. Do you have any installed ?

CountMike, Dec 5, 2015
  8. Restore point error

No other AV only defender

mattfromoz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Restore point error

1. Restore point error - Similar Threads - Restore point error

2. System Restore Point error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Point error: when I open system restore point, I see the error 0x81000203. In another pc I had this issue and when I reinstall windows it solved but, is there other way to fix this....
  3. System Restore Point error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Point error: when I open system restore point, I see the error 0x81000203. In another pc I had this issue and when I reinstall windows it solved but, is there other way to fix this....
  4. System Restore Point error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  6. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  7. restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore point: restore to two months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/b75193ce-d3b2-41ed-9f91-31bc2f3fe5fc
  8. Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore Points: -in- sI find no restore points and the configure window shows some thing is using that space all the time. I did a manual restore point and it was over written in a very short time.There is no name shown for this use.of the restore space. An others similar HP All-in-one...
  9. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  10. restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restore points: I keep regular images with Macrium Reflect, free. I create one manually with each new cumulative update. I also make a restore point each week. Due to their poor reliability record, would you say I am wasting my time with these restore points and to just rely upon Macrium?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the specified object was not found. (0x80042308) please close the property page and try again. ok