Windows 10: Restore point is there but I am not allowed to use it

Discus and support Restore point is there but I am not allowed to use it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After getting blue screen dead computer I used media creation tool to get to system restore. I originally had windows 8 (updated to 10) and it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkRosenberg2, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Restore point is there but I am not allowed to use it

After getting blue screen dead computer I used media creation tool to get to system restore. I originally had windows 8 (updated to 10) and it will not allow me to restore - I think it is not recognizing my upgrade to window 10.

I went to a restore point that previously worked when computer was running but it will not let me select that restore point.

It says you must always restore the drive that contains windows with a yellow triangle and on the list below it says you must enable system protection on this drive.

:)

MarkRosenberg2, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, Restore point is there but I am not allowed to use it :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Feb 10, 2019
  3. creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Roan T Win User

Restore point is there but I am not allowed to use it

the restore point

Hi Alvaro,

You can save the state of the operating system and your own files by
    creating a restore point, so that if future changes cause a problem, you can
    return them
    to previous versions and settings.

We suggest that you check the article below and follow the
    guidelines and steps under Restore from a system restore point.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Restore point is there but I am not allowed to use it

1. Restore point is there but I am not allowed to use it - Similar Threads - Restore point allowed

2. I Used Restore Point And It Corrupted My Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I Used Restore Point And It Corrupted My Laptop: so i wanted to use restore point cuz After the Update my pc screen kept going black all of a sudden randomly and i cant scroll using Two Fingers So i used it and after it did its things it brought me to my desktop saying it was successful and the laptop froze, couldn't move...
  3. Disable create auto restore point /allow manual restore point creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Disable create auto restore point /allow manual restore point creation: Is this possible ? Disable create auto restore point But allow manual restore point creation ? thanks 169313
  4. small amount used by restore points

small amount used by restore points: 2004 [img] 162698
  5. BSOD After Using A Restore Point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Using A Restore Point: So I have a ASUS X550IK, I bought it 1.5 year ago and I haven't cleaned it since. Today, I used a restore point and after it was done, it restarted and boot me into a select account section but it doesn't show my account even though my account is signed in as administrator....
  6. Restore System using restore point

Restore System using restore point: Hello, Had to use a recent restore point. Started the restore, made a list what will be affected, and it started. After waiting about 25 minutes I got an error notice that restore was not succesful because of anti virus (?). The only antivirus on my system is windows...
  7. HELP ! I am in Restore Point purgatory NOW

HELP ! I am in Restore Point purgatory NOW: Sept 18, 2018* 11 pm* Central Time Lenovo laptop 2014 vintage* , Windows 8.1, I have submitted details to TENFORUMS. Intel Core i7 4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz Currently have MalwareBytes** Ver 3.4.4.2398** Component pkg ver 1.0.322*** Update pkg 1.0.6899 This is my first...
  8. Using Restore Points

Using Restore Points: found this: v [img] Still confused about restore point. Found this, says it's off. Shouldn't I click 'configure' to set this up to be able to set some 'restore points' now and then? If things got cranky, fix it up easily "...by reverting your computer to a previous restore...
  9. Using Restore Points

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Restore Points: found this: v [img] Still confused about restore point. Found this, says it's off. Shouldn't I click 'configure' to set this up to be able to set some 'restore points' now and then? If things got cranky, fix it up easily "...by reverting your computer to a previous restore...
  10. CCleaner blocking use of restore point.

CCleaner blocking use of restore point.: Last night, I was taking some time to do some "deep" system cleaning. Basically having Kaspersky first do a full system deep scan. Then having CCleaner do a system check for file bloat and corrupt registry files. Everything looked fine. Kaspersky didn't find anything, so both...