Windows 10: Restore Point on Windows 10-How to prevent manual restore point from been overwritten?

Discus and support Restore Point on Windows 10-How to prevent manual restore point from been overwritten? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear all, I have a brand new Dell laptop G5-5590 with windows 10 Home. Recently I observed that restore point was disactivated and I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Theodoros_20, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Restore Point on Windows 10-How to prevent manual restore point from been overwritten?

Dear all,

I have a brand new Dell laptop G5-5590 with windows 10 Home.

1. Recently I observed that restore point was disactivated and I decided to activate it I activated restore point only for OS drive.
    2. Next to that I set the maximum capacity of restore point at 3% ==> ~6.5 gb.
    3. I also created manually a restore point.
    4. I checked the 1st day on which restore point was created that system storage occupied capacity from restore point was 406 MB.
    5. Every next day the capacity occupied at system storage for restore point was increased.
    6. I was checking if any other restore point had been created but I could not see something for 6 days
    7. Finally after 7 days the occupied capacity at system storage for restore point was 3.1 gb and I found that 2 other restore points had been created automatically from windows.

After this short dexcription, I would like your help regarding the following questions :

• Is everything described above normal ?
    • My manual restore point will be automatically deleted overwritten when the max storage set capacity be reached ?
    • If yes, how can i keep it ? I mean how to prevent the manual restore point that i have created, without increasing max set storage capacity.

Thanks a lot for your time and looking forward your reply.

Best Reagrds,

Theodoros

:)

Theodoros_20, Apr 15, 2020

2. creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Creating a manual restore point in Windows 10

Thanks Alan

So what does "type a description to make a manual restore point mean".

robin hood 1, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Restore Point on Windows 10-How to prevent manual restore point from been overwritten?

losing restore points in vista

well i found out wich program was eraseing my restore points it was acronis true image 10 so i disabled system restore becouse i rether use ati any way

skellattarr, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Restore Point on Windows 10-How to prevent manual restore point from been overwritten?

1. Restore Point on Windows 10-How to prevent manual restore point from been overwritten? - Similar Threads - Restore Point prevent

2. Manual Restore Point is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual Restore Point is not showing: Hi My computer starts with a restore point which was created by me. However, after a few months when I check that restore point, only the system-created restore point is displayed. Is this the way it works?. Can i turnoff the system creating restore point...
  3. Manual Restore Point is not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual Restore Point is not showing: Hi My computer starts with a restore point which was created by me. However, after a few months when I check that restore point, only the system-created restore point is displayed. Is this the way it works?. Can i turnoff the system creating restore point...
  4. Manually created restore point not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Manually created restore point not found: Last night I manually created a restore point, prior to installing an optional Windows feature SNB. This morning, I went to do a restore and found that there are NO restore points at all.What gives?Thanks....
  5. Disable create auto restore point /allow manual restore point creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Disable create auto restore point /allow manual restore point creation: Is this possible ? Disable create auto restore point But allow manual restore point creation ? thanks 169313
  6. Saving manual restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Saving manual restore points: Hi i sometimes create a manual restore point, before I make certain changes, is there any way to save these or prevent them being deleted ? Thanks 168890
  7. Restore Point or Restore from Image?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point or Restore from Image?: Hello r/windows10 , hope you're all well. I had some issues that were finally resolved with a USB Recovery Drive. I have my computer all set up back to the way I had it before I had those issues. All is good now. What I would like to do is prevent myself from having to start...
  8. Problem with restoring from Restore Point

Problem with restoring from Restore Point: I have a Dell Insperion laptop (four years old, bought from Costco). It came with preinstalled Windows 8.1 with no installation disk. Later, I upgraded it to a free Window 10 from Microsoft website. An automatic Dell update app on the laptop indicated that there is a driver...
  9. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  10. How to prevent windows 10 from deleting only the manual restore points

How to prevent windows 10 from deleting only the manual restore points: Hi, I want to enable the auto backup, but i am afraid that once the restore points size will exceed the max size it will erase my manual restore point - the one i manually configured right after finishing installing all my programs and adjust my PC as i wanted. this is the...