Windows 10: Restore Point Setup shows Local Disk (D:) as well as OS (C:) (System)

Discus and support Restore Point Setup shows Local Disk (D:) as well as OS (C:) (System) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Howdy Folks! *Smile My new desktop (replacing the one that crashed and burned) has a different Restore Point configuration than I've see with older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jdUnionngarden, May 1, 2019.

1. Restore Point Setup shows Local Disk (D:) as well as OS (C:) (System)

Howdy Folks! *Smile
    My new desktop (replacing the one that crashed and burned) has a different Restore Point configuration than I've see with older machines:
    The Restore Point Setup shows "Local Disk (DRestore Point Setup shows Local Disk (D:) as well as OS (C:) (System) :)" as well as "OS (CRestore Point Setup shows Local Disk (D:) as well as OS (C:) (System) :) (System)" and I can't turn off (DRestore Point Setup shows Local Disk (D:) as well as OS (C:) (System) :).
    I have: One 512GB NVME SSD + 1TB HDD
    Am I okay with this or does something need to be changed/fixed?
    Screenshots attached to tell the story in detail. (Note: Two images of System Properties reflect scroll bar moved down for last line)

Much appreciation to all who read this and those who reply!
    *Cool

:)

jdUnionngarden, May 1, 2019

2. How can I setup a RESTORE POINT in Windows 10?

Hi,

I realize that you want to create restore point manually. I will try to help you with this issue.

Follow these steps to create a system restore point manually:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type rstrui and hit enter.

• Click on System Protection.

• Click Create to create a new system restore point manually.

If you see protection off for Local disk C then click Configure and select the option turn on system protection. You also need to mention the disk space usage and then hit ok.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 1, 2019
  3. Jessen P Win User
    System restore points are lost

Hi Tom,

I understand the frustration when Restore points are lost.

Restore points are saved until the disk space System Restore reserves is filled up. As new restore points are created, old ones are deleted. If you turn off system protection (the feature that creates restore points) on a disk, all restore points are deleted
    from that disk. When you turn system protection back on, new restore points are created.

Perform steps mentioned below and see if it helps.

a: Press Windows key + X.

b: Then click Command prompt(Admin)

Type Vssadmin list shadowstorage
    c: Take note of what the shadow storage allocation is on the drive you're having issues with.

d: Change the allocation by using the Vssadmin command, syntax:
    vssadmin resize shadowstorage /On=C: /For=C: /Maxsize=1G (where Maxsize=the amount of disk space you've allocated to System Restore points. In my case it was 20 GB

e: In the case of the C: drive, the syntax would be VSSAdmin resize shadowstorage /On=C: /For=C: /Maxsize =20G, after increasing the size and rebooting my restore points were still intact and no longer being deleted.

Please revert if you have any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, May 1, 2019
  4. Restore Point Setup shows Local Disk (D:) as well as OS (C:) (System)

Windows 10 automatic restore points

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1) Have you installed any third party antivirus?

2) Have you installed any third party registry optimization software?

I would first suggest you to check if the “show more restore points” option is selected in the system restore options. If this option is not selected, it will show only the recent restore point created. Refer these steps:

a) Press Windows key + F, type “Recovery” in the search box

b) Click on the settings tile below the search box

c) Click on the recovery tile and click “configure system restore”

d) Click on the system restore button and click next

e) By default, only the recent restore point will be displayed, click on the box against “show more restore points” below

f) Now check.

If the above step didn’t show the restore points, then I would suggest you to check the disk space allotted to restore points. If very less space is allotted to store restore points, then it will automatically delete the old restore points. Refer these steps
    to check:

a) Press Windows key + F, type “Recovery” in the search box

b) Click on the settings tile below the search box

c) Click on the recovery tile and click “configure system restore”

d) Click on “Configure” button and check the disk space allotted.

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Restore Point Setup shows Local Disk (D:) as well as OS (C:) (System)

1. Restore Point Setup shows Local Disk (D:) as well as OS (C:) (System) - Similar Threads - Restore Point Setup

2. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  3. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  4. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System restore “The disk Local Disk C: has errors” error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore “The disk Local Disk C: has errors” error: Hello, I have already tried running all dism commands and when I press check disk, repairing drive does nothing, here is the error: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-the-disk-local-disk-c-has-errors/7782c73a-b4a8-4b99-aaca-e9a39a48c718
  6. System restore “The disk Local Disk C: has errors” error

System restore “The disk Local Disk C: has errors” error: Hello, I have already tried running all dism commands and when I press check disk, repairing drive does nothing, here is the error: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-the-disk-local-disk-c-has-errors/7782c73a-b4a8-4b99-aaca-e9a39a48c718
  7. System restore “The disk Local Disk C: has errors” error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. System Restore Point not showing up.

System Restore Point not showing up.: Hi,I created a System Restore Point when my laptop just came out from the box and it was like a month ago, but now when i try to System Restore my pc, it wont show up the a month ago restore point, can someone explain? thank's...
  9. Merging Local Disk C and D.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging Local Disk C and D.: Dear Whoever is reading this, I Bought a WD Blue 500GB hard drive. I have two local disks, C and D. Whenever I download something it instantly downloads to C, which is the one with less storage. IF by any chance anyone knows how to merge both of the disks that would be...
  10. Unable to Access Local Disks (C:) and (D:)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Access Local Disks (C:) and (D:): I am currently unable to access my Local Disks, or open programs inside them, such as the task manager, user account control, and even the registry editor. Attempting to open anything (With administrator priveleges) just result in an access denied message. I have tried...