Windows 10: Restore Point Taking Over An Hour?

Discus and support Restore Point Taking Over An Hour? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to do a restore point for my laptop on Windows 10 and it's been doing that for over an hour. Currently, it's stuck on "System Restore is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by silasly, Nov 19, 2018.

1. silasly Win User

Restore Point Taking Over An Hour?

I had to do a restore point for my laptop on Windows 10 and it's been doing that for over an hour. Currently, it's stuck on "System Restore is restoring the registry..."

How long does this take?

:)

silasly, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, Restore Point Taking Over An Hour? :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Restore Point Taking Over An Hour?

creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Restore Point Taking Over An Hour?

1. Restore Point Taking Over An Hour? - Similar Threads - Restore Point Taking

2. Computer takes over 16 hours to reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer takes over 16 hours to reset.: Hello. I'm asking for help on behalf of my boyfriend whos desktop computer has been resetting overnight and for over 16 hours now. It's a gaming PC although I don't know the specific hardware or components it's made up of, but it's pretty strong. His PC is about 1 year or 1,5...
  3. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore taking over 10 hours: Hi. My Windows system restore is taking over 10 hours. It seems to be stuck on restoring registry files, but hard drive light is still flashing like it's doing something. How long do I wait? Before forcing shut down.I have had a accounting program "Sage" on it and at some...
  4. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore taking over 10 hours: Hi. My Windows system restore is taking over 10 hours. It seems to be stuck on restoring registry files, but hard drive light is still flashing like it's doing something. How long do I wait? Before forcing shut down.I have had a accounting program "Sage" on it and at some...
  5. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PC reset taking over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reset taking over 24 hours: I am running a PC reset and clean on a dell inspiton laptop, windows 10.. It has been running over 24 hours! Now what. Should I cancel? Screen shows dell logo and spinning circle and keboard lights occasionally fllicker. Not sure what to expect next. thank you, Carolyn...
  7. PC reset taking over 24 hours

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC reset taking over 24 hours: I am running a PC reset and clean on a dell inspiton laptop, windows 10.. It has been running over 24 hours! Now what. Should I cancel? Screen shows dell logo and spinning circle and keboard lights occasionally fllicker. Not sure what to expect next. thank you, Carolyn...
  8. System restore taking hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System restore taking hours: My laptop wasn't booting uo so I tried to do a system restore. It has been around 6 hours since I started and it is still hasn't finished. What should I do submitted by /u/Re-Evolution7 [link] [comments]...
  9. Restoration Point Taking Long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoration Point Taking Long: I have an MSI GS63 Stealth Model and I'm trying to restore Windows 10 to a previous restoration point on June 14th. The machine already restart, ask for my password but it's been 24hrs since that and it still doesn't finish!! The machine keeps giving me those messages that...
  10. Update taking over an hour?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update taking over an hour?: Before I went to bed, I clicked to shut off my side computer (OS: Windows 10), and saw "Update and Shut down" as an option so I clicked that and went to bed. I woke up 8 hours later about 7pm, and I turned on my side computer and saw "Working on updates 0%". It has been over...