Windows 10: Restore Point with External Drives

Discus and support Restore Point with External Drives in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I have a question about restore points with external drives. If I create a restore point into an external drive. And if I reset my Windows PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LaserYT, Jan 2, 2019.

1. LaserYT Win User

Restore Point with External Drives

Hello. I have a question about restore points with external drives. If I create a restore point into an external drive. And if I reset my Windows PC, will the restore point not be deleted from my external drive? Please leave your answers down below. I will appreciate them.

:)

LaserYT, Jan 2, 2019
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jan 2, 2019
  3. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Restore Point with External Drives

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Restore Point with External Drives

1. Restore Point with External Drives - Similar Threads - Restore Point External

2. Does Restore Point restores storage drive configuration?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Restore Point restores storage drive configuration?: HiI just got my laptop with 512GB storage, I created a 100GB partition for installers so it is now divided into two drives, I'm planning to delete the partition once I bought a new ssd drive for files/games, My concern here is if I created a restore point on C drive now and...
  3. Does Restore Point restores storage drive configuration?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Restore Point restores storage drive configuration?: HiI just got my laptop with 512GB storage, I created a 100GB partition for installers so it is now divided into two drives, I'm planning to delete the partition once I bought a new ssd drive for files/games, My concern here is if I created a restore point on C drive now and...
  4. Does Restore Point restores storage drive configuration?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I save "system restore point" on an external drive or backup?

Can I save "system restore point" on an external drive or backup?: Hello, there.I have some questions about the "System Restore Point"Some virus or command can delete "System Restore Point".I wish to protect "System Restore Point" from those situations by backup or save that on an external drive.I want to know backup or save "System Restore...
  6. Do Restore Points Work On External Hard Drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Do Restore Points Work On External Hard Drives?: Hi, I'm wondering if restore points work with external hard drives both HDD and SSD drives. If they do, do they work in such a way that I could create a restore point using my desktop computer (Windows 10 Pro) and if I need to repair the drive while away from that PC, I could...
  7. Restore Points and Recovery Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Points and Recovery Drives: When I create my recovery drive and restore points, will my browser profiles/preferences also be saved somewhere in the mix? In both, or, either one? submitted by /u/Davis_o_the_Glen [link] [comments]...
  8. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  9. Restore Point

Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  10. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...