Windows 10: Restore Point

Discus and support Restore Point in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does using a Restore point to restore Windows 10 to an earlier time actually work now (my Win 10 is fully up to date)? I know when I first got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Nov 21, 2020.

1. huffman Win User

Restore Point

Does using a Restore point to restore Windows 10 to an earlier time actually work now (my Win 10 is fully up to date)?

I know when I first got Windows 10 this function did NOT work.

Just would like to know. Thank you.

:)

huffman, Nov 21, 2020
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CRestore Point :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CRestore Point :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, Restore Point :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Restore Point

creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Restore Point

1. Restore Point - Similar Threads - Restore Point

2. Do Restore Points Work On External Hard Drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Do Restore Points Work On External Hard Drives?: Hi, I'm wondering if restore points work with external hard drives both HDD and SSD drives. If they do, do they work in such a way that I could create a restore point using my desktop computer (Windows 10 Pro) and if I need to repair the drive while away from that PC, I could...
  3. Disable create auto restore point /allow manual restore point creation

Disable create auto restore point /allow manual restore point creation: Is this possible ? Disable create auto restore point But allow manual restore point creation ? thanks 169313
  4. Restore Point

Restore Point: Does using a Restore point to restore Windows 10 to an earlier time actually work now (my Win 10 is fully up to date)? I know when I first got Windows 10 this function did NOT work. Just would like to know. Thank you. 168893
  5. Windows 10 19042.630 How to delete System Restore Points.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 19042.630 How to delete System Restore Points.: I must have about 15 "System Restore Points" created the last couple of days. How do I delete some of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-19042630-how-to-delete-system-restore/d5501423-6c15-4828-b321-599eabf192fc
  6. recover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recover a deleted folder of documents. Note: restore point too old: Need to recover a deleted folder of documents emptied from recycle bin by mistake. Note: restore point too old. Will not shutdown my computer until restore made....
  7. Can't create restore point/install some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create restore point/install some programs: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop which affects several areas. The most direct example of the problem is when I open settings - search for "restore point" - and select "create restore point" I immediately get the dreaded "No such interface supported" error. Before you jump...
  8. restore point -october version 20H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    restore point -october version 20H2: Hello.Today i installed october version 20H2 but i can't find restore point option.Until now i was going : control panel>system>restore point.Where it is now?Thank you...
  9. Saving manual restore points

Saving manual restore points: Hi i sometimes create a manual restore point, before I make certain changes, is there any way to save these or prevent them being deleted ? Thanks 168890
  10. Restore Points and Recovery Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Points and Recovery Drives: When I create my recovery drive and restore points, will my browser profiles/preferences also be saved somewhere in the mix? In both, or, either one? submitted by /u/Davis_o_the_Glen [link] [comments]...