Windows 10: Restore Points and Recovery Drives

Discus and support Restore Points and Recovery Drives in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I create my recovery drive and restore points, will my browser profiles/preferences also be saved somewhere in the mix? In both, or, either one?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Davis_o_the_Glen, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Restore Points and Recovery Drives

When I create my recovery drive and restore points, will my browser profiles/preferences also be saved somewhere in the mix? In both, or, either one?

submitted by /u/Davis_o_the_Glen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Davis_o_the_Glen, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Ferds_N Win User

restore point

Hi there mikewilson4, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

This is possible if you have a restore point that can restore your computer 2 months back.

To check your restore point please follow this,

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app or driver, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will
    remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results

In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

Select Recovery > Open System Restore.

In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.

Select the restore point that you want to use in the list of results, and then select Scan for affected programs.

Notes

If you don’t see the restore point that you want to use, select the Show more restore points check box to see more restore points.

If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. Here’s how to check:

In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results.

In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

Select Recovery > Configure System Restore > Configure and see if the Turn on system protection option is selected.

If the Turn on system protection option is not selected, system protection isn’t turned on and there aren't any restore points. In this scenario, you won't be able to recovery your PC using a system restore point and will need to use one of the other recovery
    options listed on this page.

If the Turn on system protection option is selected, continue with step 6.

You'll see a list of items that will be deleted if you remove this restore point. If you're OK with the deletions, select Close> Next > Finish.

Source:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/12415/...

Ferds_N, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Roan T Win User

Restore Points and Recovery Drives

the restore point

Hi Alvaro,

You can save the state of the operating system and your own files by
    creating a restore point, so that if future changes cause a problem, you can
    return them
    to previous versions and settings.

We suggest that you check the article below and follow the
    guidelines and steps under Restore from a system restore point.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Restore Points and Recovery Drives

1. Restore Points and Recovery Drives - Similar Threads - Restore Points Recovery

2. Restore Points Recovery On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Points Recovery On Windows 11: While I was trying to increase the performance of my laptop running windows 11, I wanted to revert back into a previous restore point I had created because the speed reduced for some reason. To my surprise, the restore point had deleted or simply vanished. Before coming here,...
  3. Restore Points Recovery On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Points Recovery On Windows 11: While I was trying to increase the performance of my laptop running windows 11, I wanted to revert back into a previous restore point I had created because the speed reduced for some reason. To my surprise, the restore point had deleted or simply vanished. Before coming here,...
  4. Restore point cannot be configured or created after C drive recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore point cannot be configured or created after C drive recovery: An application issue caused by either bad information or a corruption in the registry led me to recover the C drive of my PC from a 3 week old backup. The recovery was successful and the application issue was resolved.However, checking the restore point configuration, it was...
  5. Restore point cannot be configured or created after C drive recovery

Restore point cannot be configured or created after C drive recovery: An application issue caused by either bad information or a corruption in the registry led me to recover the C drive of my PC from a 3 week old backup. The recovery was successful and the application issue was resolved.However, checking the restore point configuration, it was...
  6. Deleted System Restore Point recovery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted System Restore Point recovery.: Hi,I wonder if i can recover a deleted Restore Point, because im having issue's right now and it is too difficult to fix it, thank's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-system-restore-point-recovery/de7c56fa-af90-46f8-b8ee-4db29e0c10cd
  7. Deleted System Restore Point recovery.

Deleted System Restore Point recovery.: Hi,I wonder if i can recover a deleted Restore Point, because im having issue's right now and it is too difficult to fix it, thank's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-system-restore-point-recovery/de7c56fa-af90-46f8-b8ee-4db29e0c10cd
  8. Deleted System Restore Point recovery.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Backup, Create a Restore Point or Create a Recovery Drive?

Backup, Create a Restore Point or Create a Recovery Drive?: In case I get a virus, I want to create a backup which can make the computer exactly as it was before the virus with all files, programs, and disk drives (C and D) exactly as they were. Something like Apple's Time Machine. Windows has three different options and I don't which...
  10. Restore Point with External Drives

Restore Point with External Drives: Hello. I have a question about restore points with external drives. If I create a restore point into an external drive. And if I reset my Windows PC, will the restore point not be deleted from my external drive? Please leave your answers down below. I will appreciate them....