Windows 10: Restore points deleting on restart.

Discus and support Restore points deleting on restart. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; every time i restart my pc my restore points go away, anyone know a fix for this? submitted by /u/fell_ow [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fell_ow, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Restore points deleting on restart.

every time i restart my pc my restore points go away, anyone know a fix for this?

submitted by /u/fell_ow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fell_ow, Jun 8, 2020
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CRestore points deleting on restart. :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CRestore points deleting on restart. :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

I know of no easier way to delete them, so here are the instructions.

Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10

A System Image restore point is describe as type 'Backup'.

Restore points deleting on restart. [​IMG]

First, go to Settings > Backup & Restore > Recovery and select the 'Restart now' button in Advanced Start-up.

When you get Advanced Start-up, select Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Command Prompt.

You will be asked to choose an administrator account and supply it's password, then the Command Prompt will open.

Type the commands DISKPART then LIST VOL and EXIT to see a list of all drives, in this example the Windows system is on the C: drive, yours may have a different letter. Whatever the letter is, type it followed by a colon to switch to that drive, in this example I typed C:

Then use the CD (change directory) command CD System Volume Information\WindowsImageBackup

Use the DIR command to check you are in the right folder, then use DEL to delete the contents of each of the Catalog and SPPMetadataCache folders.

Youn can now close the command prompt window (or type EXIT) to restart the PC and go back to Windows.

All System Image Restore points of type 'Backup' will now have gone.

Bree, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Compumind Win User

Restore points deleting on restart.

Restore points being deleted

Hi.

If you have a complete backup image, I would clear all your restore points first.

The deletion of restore points are generally caused by any one of the following by-design conditions:

1) You run out of disk space on the system drive or on any one of the available non-system drives, and System Restore stops responding and stops monitoring your system.
    2) You manually turn System Restore off. (not in your case.)
    3) A restore point reaches an age of 90 days. The restore point is then deleted because 90 days is the default time to live.

To resolve this, adjust the maximum storage allocation. Follow the steps listed below:

1) Press Windows key + W on the keyboard to search Settings, type “System” in the Search box and then click System from the list of results.
    2) Click System protection in the task pane.
    3) Under Protection Settings click to select Local Disk (CRestore points deleting on restart. :) (System) and then click Configure.
    4) Under Disk Space Usage, move the Max Usage slider to the right to increase the disk space usage for System Restore points.

Note: If the protection is turned on for additional drives you might consider increasing the Max Usage for those drives as well.

Does this help you?

*Think

Compumind, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Restore points deleting on restart.

1. Restore points deleting on restart. - Similar Threads - Restore points deleting

2. Deleting Restore Points

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Restore Points: IHiIs it ok to delete the restored points and create new ones?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-restore-points/7d31b102-5043-403b-8d4a-ccb70760cc65
  3. Deleting Restore Points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Restore Points: IHiIs it ok to delete the restored points and create new ones?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-restore-points/7d31b102-5043-403b-8d4a-ccb70760cc65
  4. Deleting Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System restore point deleted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore point deleted.: Hello, so I created a restore point on my PC just a month ago and just I upgraded to Windows 11. After updating to Windows 11 I got some updates and I installed them but then I see that my Windows.old folder is deleted and I am stuck on Windows 11, so I went ahead and checked...
  6. Can't delete restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete restore point: Friends,Strange problem.Restore points are deleted in a day or so after they are created. Have plenty of space allotted.One system image restore point from 7/9/21 remains and can't be deleted. I did replace a hard disc awhile back and cloned from an external drive if this...
  7. Can't delete restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't delete restore point: Friends,Strange problem.Restore points are deleted in a day or so after they are created. Have plenty of space allotted.One system image restore point from 7/9/21 remains and can't be deleted. I did replace a hard disc awhile back and cloned from an external drive if this...
  8. Restore Points deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Points deleted: I like having restore points to deal with the periodic Microsoft Windows 10 glitches. I understand that for whatever unfathomable reason Microsoft has decided that we can't keep restore points for more than 90 days. I thought that the obvious workaround was to just to...
  9. Restore points being deleted

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore points being deleted: Hi folks, for reasons I can't explain my restore points keep getting deleted despite having System Protection turned on. I first notice the missing restore points earlier this week so I created a manual one and now it's gone too. There were no Windows updates to my PC...
  10. Restore points being deleted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore points being deleted: Hi folks, for reasons I can't explain my restore points keep getting deleted despite having System Protection turned on. I first notice the missing restore points earlier this week so I created a manual one and now it's gone too. There were no Windows updates to my PC...