Windows 10: restore points gone

Discus and support restore points gone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; just got October update now my restore points are gone how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tushar_gamer, Oct 3, 2018.

1. restore points gone

just got October update now my restore points are gone how

:)

tushar_gamer, Oct 3, 2018
  2. davidhk Win User

Losing restore points

I'd like to make sure I understand correctly.
    If you kept creating restore points, you would have a list of them.
    You said "A week later, the restore point is gone". Which one is gone ? The oldest one or All restore points are gone ?

davidhk, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, restore points gone :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Oct 3, 2018
  4. restore points gone

creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

restore points gone

1. restore points gone - Similar Threads - restore points gone

2. System Restore Points gone after system reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Points gone after system reset?: Hi :I recently did a system reset without wiping my old data. Still I forgot to save some crucial Data and as I was about to do a system restore to undo my changes, I could not find a sytem restore point anymore. I tried rebooting in safe mode and look once again, still the...
  3. System Restore Points gone after system reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Points gone after system reset?: Hi :I recently did a system reset without wiping my old data. Still I forgot to save some crucial Data and as I was about to do a system restore to undo my changes, I could not find a sytem restore point anymore. I tried rebooting in safe mode and look once again, still the...
  4. Restore Point Gone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Point Gone: Hello,Before 'checking for updates', usually I run sfc scan, make a backup image (full or differential) with Macrium, and then chk for updates.Before starting, I checked size of "C" drive (system), it was about 28 GB, there was a 2 weeks old restore point.After making the...
  5. Restore Point Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Point Gone: Hello,Before 'checking for updates', usually I run sfc scan, make a backup image (full or differential) with Macrium, and then chk for updates.Before starting, I checked size of "C" drive (system), it was about 28 GB, there was a 2 weeks old restore point.After making the...
  6. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  7. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  8. restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore point: restore to two months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/b75193ce-d3b2-41ed-9f91-31bc2f3fe5fc
  9. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  10. Startup list disappeared, restore points gone.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Startup list disappeared, restore points gone.: Hi all I just got a new acer laptop with just a 256GB SSD drive (ASPIRE E5-575G) last week ( I've ordered a 1 TB regular HD but is not arrived yet). After 2 days, after put back the programs, apps and personal files I needed, I realized that the startup folder in CCleaner...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore failed and now restore point is gone