Windows 10: Restore points in W10

Discus and support Restore points in W10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I like to have some kind of safety net - a reinstall is always possible but dull. Restore points are one option but I like to have several options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by whs, Jan 24, 2015.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

Restore points in W10

I like to have some kind of safety net - a reinstall is always possible but dull. Restore points are one option but I like to have several options since we know that restore points are very volatile.

For the purpose I tried AOMEI OneKey which worked perfectly..

One Key Recovery - Create a Factory Restore Partition with AOMEI OneKey Recovery

Now I have an image on a flash drive and I need not use an external device to start a recovery - the bootmgr gives me that option. It is a true restore point alternative, but not more.

This, of course, only works if the bootmgr is in the system partition. If you moved it to C, it will not work. It will also not work if the disk goes south. In that case you need a traditional image with Macrium or AOMEI Backupper - or any other imaging program.

:)

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xc00dabe0) We can't find you camera

I restored the PC until W10 first installation. In this point the Imaging device appear in Device Manager and camera works well. But when W10 is updated, camera fails again and disappears from Device Manager. I get an error by using a restore point previous
    to W10 update.

Does restore pc until W10 first installation the only solution?

Regards!

Pd.: other devices work fine!

DubanGarçía, Jan 24, 2015
  3. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xc00dabe0) We can't find you camera

I restored the PC until W10 first installation. In this point the Imaging device appear in Device Manager and camera works well. But when W10 is updated, camera fails again and disappears from Device Manager. I get an error by using a restore point previous
    to W10 update.

Does restore pc until W10 first installation the only solution?

Regards!

Pd.: other devices work fine!

DubanGarçía, Jan 24, 2015
Thema:

Restore points in W10

1. Restore points in W10 - Similar Threads - Restore points W10

2. Dual-boot PC - w11 or w10 - Restore PC to a Restore Point in w11 or w10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-boot PC - w11 or w10 - Restore PC to a Restore Point in w11 or w10: Dual-boot PC - w11 or w10 - Restore PC to a Restore Point in w11 or w10 HOW TO CHOOSE e.g. Windows 10 and PROCEED TO SYSTEM RESTORATION without affecting the other Windows 11????...
  3. Dual-boot PC - w11 or w10 - Restore PC to a Restore Point in w11 or w10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual-boot PC - w11 or w10 - Restore PC to a Restore Point in w11 or w10: Dual-boot PC - w11 or w10 - Restore PC to a Restore Point in w11 or w10 HOW TO CHOOSE e.g. Windows 10 and PROCEED TO SYSTEM RESTORATION without affecting the other Windows 11????...
  4. Dual-boot PC - w11 or w10 - Restore PC to a Restore Point in w11 or w10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  6. Restore Point

Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  7. restore point

restore point: restore to two months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/b75193ce-d3b2-41ed-9f91-31bc2f3fe5fc
  8. Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore Points: -in- sI find no restore points and the configure window shows some thing is using that space all the time. I did a manual restore point and it was over written in a very short time.There is no name shown for this use.of the restore space. An others similar HP All-in-one...
  9. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  10. Restore points; what the hell is W10 doing?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore points; what the hell is W10 doing?: What the hell is W10 doing? Yesterday I still had several restore points. Today, I have only one, which is a new one called Scheduled Checkpoint. My own restore points were removed and the Disk Space Usage was diminished. In the meantime, no (Windows) updates took place...