Windows 10: Restore points in W10

Discus and support Restore points in W10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I like to have some kind of safety net - a reinstall is always possible but dull. Restore points are one option but I like to have several options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by whs, Jan 24, 2015.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

Restore points in W10

I like to have some kind of safety net - a reinstall is always possible but dull. Restore points are one option but I like to have several options since we know that restore points are very volatile.

For the purpose I tried AOMEI OneKey which worked perfectly..

One Key Recovery - Create a Factory Restore Partition with AOMEI OneKey Recovery

Now I have an image on a flash drive and I need not use an external device to start a recovery - the bootmgr gives me that option. It is a true restore point alternative, but not more.

This, of course, only works if the bootmgr is in the system partition. If you moved it to C, it will not work. It will also not work if the disk goes south. In that case you need a traditional image with Macrium or AOMEI Backupper - or any other imaging program.

:)

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xc00dabe0) We can't find you camera

I restored the PC until W10 first installation. In this point the Imaging device appear in Device Manager and camera works well. But when W10 is updated, camera fails again and disappears from Device Manager. I get an error by using a restore point previous
    to W10 update.

Does restore pc until W10 first installation the only solution?

Regards!

Pd.: other devices work fine!

DubanGarçía, Jan 24, 2015
  3. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xc00dabe0) We can't find you camera

I restored the PC until W10 first installation. In this point the Imaging device appear in Device Manager and camera works well. But when W10 is updated, camera fails again and disappears from Device Manager. I get an error by using a restore point previous
    to W10 update.

Does restore pc until W10 first installation the only solution?

Regards!

Pd.: other devices work fine!

DubanGarçía, Jan 24, 2015
Thema:

Restore points in W10

1. Restore points in W10 - Similar Threads - Restore points W10

2. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  3. restore points

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore points: After the latest Windows 10 update was installed, all of my restore points were deleted. How can I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-points/46a15a23-99e2-4d48-a360-c80d8ff33c2c"
  4. restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restore points: I keep regular images with Macrium Reflect, free. I create one manually with each new cumulative update. I also make a restore point each week. Due to their poor reliability record, would you say I am wasting my time with these restore points and to just rely upon Macrium?...
  5. Restore points

Restore points: I am running win 10 How do I create restore points on my computer so I can restore to a earlier date Thanks 114695
  6. Restore Points

Restore Points: How can I permanently save a restore point. Every time I set one it gets pushed out of the way with automatic updates. How can I stop automatic updates until I complete my restore? I know it shouldn't take that long. But I'm having trouble figuring out how to run...
  7. Restore points

Restore points: A bit over a month ago I activated creation of system restore points on Windows 10. However, I just looked at the list restore point and am confused. There was one created when I (unsuccessfully) tried to take an image backup, 4 for when I was installing drivers and/or...
  8. restore point

restore point: I can not get a game to load. need to set system restore point to earlier date.. when I do that it automatically shows present date? 61373
  9. Restore Point

Restore Point: Question; My computer had to be reformatted because of a lock out by a hacker, can I use a restore point that I made before the hack, to restore my files? The restore points and system image are on my back up drive , I restored a couple of files from it. and the folders are...
  10. Restore points; what the hell is W10 doing?

Restore points; what the hell is W10 doing?: What the hell is W10 doing? Yesterday I still had several restore points. Today, I have only one, which is a new one called Scheduled Checkpoint. My own restore points were removed and the Disk Space Usage was diminished. In the meantime, no (Windows) updates took place...