Windows 10: Restore Points Intel Technology Access

Discus and support Restore Points Intel Technology Access in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When I look at existing restore points in my system, there are always lots of points labelled "Intel(R) Technology Access" Many have been created at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by PeterAstle, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Restore Points Intel Technology Access

When I look at existing restore points in my system, there are always lots of points labelled "Intel(R) Technology Access"
    Many have been created at very short time intervals, sometimes just a few seconds apart.
    Does anybody know why they are created and what is instigating their creation?

:)

PeterAstle, Apr 13, 2016

2. IRQL UNEXPECTED VALUE WINDOWS 10

The problem is often caused by a program known as "Intel(R) Technology Access Filter Drive". As far as I can tell, this program isn't necessary on a computer without a touch screen.

Try this:

1) Create a system restore point, so that you can rollback if there are problems.

2) Go to Programs and Features and uninstall "Intel(R) Technology Access Filter Drive".

3) Restart your computer and see if this fixes it.

TomBarrister, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Lehrbachs Win User
    CD/DVD Rom Drive not working After Windows 10 Upgrade

I'll have to research creating a system restore point, thank you. Linda

Lehrbachs, Apr 13, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Restore Points Intel Technology Access

Seems to be an issue with Intel Technology Access itself. See this Intel Communities post entitled, prosaically enough "Problems with the Intel Technology Access." Removing the utility seems to do the trick.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 13, 2016
  5. Many thanks for the link.
    It would appear that if I don't have a touch screen (which I don't) then I could remove ITA without issue. I'll try that and report back.

PeterAstle, Apr 13, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Seems to me you might be able to mark this thread solved, IMHO anyway.
    Thanks!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 23, 2016
  7. Apologies for my delayed response - been away from home a while.
    I didn't uninstall the software, but disabled it. That seems to have removed the problem as no more restore points appear to have been created since my last manually created one.
    Thanks for your help.

PeterAstle, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Restore Points Intel Technology Access

1. Restore Points Intel Technology Access - Similar Threads - Restore Points Intel

2. intel rapid storage technology

in Windows 10 Gaming
    intel rapid storage technology: after the latest update of the windows 11 every time the pc is turned on it says "iastaricon.exe" application was unable to start correctly.intel rapid storage is also not running and cannot install new softwares after intallation it says .exe not working need to re...
  3. Alternative way to access restore points?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Alternative way to access restore points?: Hi My win version is 2004 OS Build 19041, 685 Problem" since last update my magnification soft ZoomText 10.1 wont start anymore. Im visually impaired so i need said soft most urgently. Trying to install last ZoomText update again did nothing So I tries to use a restore point...
  4. Alternative way to access restore points?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative way to access restore points?: Hi My win version is 2004 OS Build 19041, 685 Problem" since last update my magnification soft ZoomText 10.1 wont start anymore. Im visually impaired so i need said soft most urgently. Trying to install last ZoomText update again did nothing So I tries to use a restore point...
  5. Intel Rapid Start Technology

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Rapid Start Technology: Hello to everyone. Can i turn off IRST from BIOS. What will give to me if I disable it? Will it affect to performance? I want clean install Windows 10 and use my 24GB SSD as a simple storage. My laptop is HP 17 EnvyJ015sr. There is no AHCI control mode on BIOS and I think...
  6. New Intel Architectures and Technologies

in Windows 10 News
    New Intel Architectures and Technologies: At Intel’s recent Architecture Day, Raja Koduri, Intel’s senior vice president of Core and Visual Computing, outlined a strategic shift for the company’s design and engineering model. This shift combines a series of foundational building blocks that leverage a world-class...
  7. Intel Smart Sound Technology

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Smart Sound Technology: I'm having problems with sound drivers. Yesterday I had no sound at all and after extensive query, downloaded the RealTek audio driver which brought back the sound but now I am getting sound through the display when my headphones are plugged in. In device manager I see a...
  8. no access to restore point windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    no access to restore point windows 10?: I made a mistake last night and tried to download some software that ended up being full of malware and nasty viruses. I need to be able to set my restore point at an earlier date to get some of this stuff off of my new computer. The problem I'm having is the computer refuses...
  9. Intel: ( Security Assist / Technology Access )

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel: ( Security Assist / Technology Access ): Wonder what all this Intel software is about Is it coming down from the latest 10 build in updates? I now have 4 Intel programs on my machine: Ethernet Adapter and Intel MEI Plus the 2 in the OP Is Intel and Microsoft teaming up to deliver higher performance Or...
  10. BSOD - Intel Virtualization Technology

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Intel Virtualization Technology: I enabled Intel Virtualization Technology for the first time in the BIOS and got BSOD. I disabled it and it booted up fine. I ran your diagnostic tool and the file is enclosed. Windows 10 Pro v1709 Asus z270-a Motherboard Intel i7-7700K TP-LINK T9E PCI wireless adaptor...