Windows 10: Restore Points Win 10 Pro.

Discus and support Restore Points Win 10 Pro. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My fairly high spec PC was updated to Win 10 Pro last Fe and has performed really well. However a few days ago it started running slowly and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PetePi, Jan 22, 2021.

1. PetePi Win User

Restore Points Win 10 Pro.

My fairly high spec PC was updated to Win 10 Pro last Fe and has performed really well.

However a few days ago it started running slowly and lagging/freezing quite badly. It seemed to follow a Windows 10 update so I rolled back to the middle of Dec around about 20th which was a month ago. I did the restore and all seemed to be running well but in a day or so the problem returned following another update. When I checked the Dec restore points they had all been deleted and I only had those from Jan. I rolled back again and so far the problem seems to have gone again, but I've been forced to stop any further updates, by disabling them in services, to see if it reoccurs. If it is successful, it is not really a very satisfactory or safe way to keep my system running properly.

Is there any further info I can provide to help get a solution to the problem?

:)

PetePi, Jan 22, 2021
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CRestore Points Win 10 Pro. :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CRestore Points Win 10 Pro. :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, Restore Points Win 10 Pro. :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Jan 22, 2021
  4. larrymcg Win User

Never More Than 3 System Restore Points

Using Win 10 Pro AU 64bit. It seems to me that since installing Win 10 Pro on this system I never have more than 3 System Restore Points. I have over 700GB of free space on the system disk. System restore is set to use up to about 100GB. System Restore claims it is currently using about 13.5GB. Whenever a new restore point is made the oldest one is deleted. CCleaner agrees that there are only 3 restore points. I think I should be able to have a lot of restore points.

Suggestions on how to make it work correctly?

-- Larry

larrymcg, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Restore Points Win 10 Pro. - Similar Threads - Restore Points Pro

2. Where are restore points saved - Win 10 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where are restore points saved - Win 10 Pro ?: When creating restore points where are they located on the dik? Can I back them up to a removable drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-restore-points-saved-win-10-pro/a4a727bf-abd9-4491-82c8-8e755bad4ae7
  3. Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Restore from restore point fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Restore from restore point fails: Obviously, there are many posts concerning Windows 10 and restore points and restore failures, etc. Yet I do not see successful conclusions to these posts. Perhaps I am missing something common to all. Here is my issue: I run the the Create Restore Point, label the restore...
  4. Win 10 Restore Points keep fluctuating

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win 10 Restore Points keep fluctuating: hi guys, I noticed that my restore points keep fluctuating, for example i set max size to 2GB, and at any given point in time i check them, they will range from 20mb up to the max range, which could be OK. But without installing many things, i understand when you do a major...
  5. Win 10 Restore Points keep fluctuating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Restore Points keep fluctuating: hi guys, I noticed that my restore points keep fluctuating, for example i set max size to 2GB, and at any given point in time i check them, they will range from 20mb up to the max range, which could be OK. But without installing many things, i understand when you do a major...
  6. Win 10: Can't create system restore point.

Win 10: Can't create system restore point.: I ran into this problem sometime back. I eventually had to re-set win 10. Finally got it the way I wanted it. This time I think the error report might be a different number. Same problem. Please try to run system restore again (0x81000203)-please close property page. I ran...
  7. Windows 10 Pro restore points missing.

Windows 10 Pro restore points missing.: I have read through every thread possible on this. I have my system protection on (see image) and yet my restore points are missing. I should have restore points back to at least October when I reinstalled the system. I have no viruses, I have no errors, I have no...
  8. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  9. Win 10 pro crashing at random points, no bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 pro crashing at random points, no bsod: So I upgraded to windows 10 exactly 1 week ago, and only today have I started to experience crashes. the screen goes black and my PC restarts on its own, I suspect it may be something to do with running flash player on three separate browsers at the same time, but I am...
  10. Be careful about Win 10 Restore Point.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Be careful about Win 10 Restore Point.: After I clean installed Win 10, and then installed many programs that I normally use. And when the computer worked just the way I wanted - I decided to set the Restore Point right then. ---------------------- Then I started (doing foolish things) fixing problems trying to...