Windows 10: Restore points?

Discus and support Restore points? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Windows10 - v. 1909 I am now a Win10 user, and today I noticed that during an update Windows no longer makes a Restore Point before installing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by GRH, Mar 11, 2020.

1. GRH
    GRH Win User

Restore points?

Windows10 - v. 1909
    I am now a Win10 user, and today I noticed that during an update Windows no longer makes a Restore Point before installing the Updates...?
    Is this normal or is something wrong?
    I checked my settings and everything is normal.

Restore points? [​IMG]

:)

2. Brink Win User

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, Restore points? :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Mar 11, 2020
  3. jellyroll Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CRestore points? :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CRestore points? :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Restore points?

creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Restore points?

1. Restore points? - Similar Threads - Restore points

2. Restore or Save Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore or Save Point: Please note my System Protection is turned on. My questions are as follows: 1. When Windows 10 updates, does Windows 10 automatically create a new system restore point prior to its update? 2. If I were to manually create a new restore point now, do I click on the Create...
  3. Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore Points: -in- sI find no restore points and the configure window shows some thing is using that space all the time. I did a manual restore point and it was over written in a very short time.There is no name shown for this use.of the restore space. An others similar HP All-in-one...
  4. System restore points (all) disappear

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore points (all) disappear: Hi everyone: New laptop. It seems for no reason i can find that all of my system restore point suddenly disappear daily and at no specific time. For no reason. I've even tried to task make automatically make restore points, i've stopped using clean up programs thinking that...
  5. Task Scheduler Restore Point deleted

Task Scheduler Restore Point deleted: BACKGROUND: I am attempting to create a Restore Point on 4 different computers in my office. I am successfully able to manually create a restore point using powershell.exe. Action: -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "Checkpoint-Computer -Description \"BDRE-CHRIS Restore...
  6. System restore points (all) disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore points (all) disappear: Hi everyone: New laptop. It seems for no reason i can find that all of my system restore point suddenly disappear daily and at no specific time. For no reason. I've even tried to task make automatically make restore points, i've stopped using clean up programs thinking that...
  7. Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corruption of Windows 10 Restore Points: I am currently running Windows 10 v1909 Build 18363.720 x64 on my Dell Inspiron 3670, and I'm having issues regarding corruption of Windows' 10 restore points. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH] Dell have been looking into this issue on my behalf and come up with the...
  8. Automatic restore points not being made weekly

Automatic restore points not being made weekly: Lately I been checking my system restore point and deltignold ones i no longer need. I noticed the system isnt making them after each windows update like before I do have protection on the drive on is this normal windows behavior or should i worry this is what it looks like...
  9. Restore points?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restore points?: Windows10 - v. 1909 I am now a Win10 user, and today I noticed that during an update Windows no longer makes a Restore Point before installing the Updates...? Is this normal or is something wrong? I checked my settings and everything is normal. [img] 152019
  10. Restore point

Restore point: Hello: I am having an issue with creating a restore point with a recent upgrade to Win 10 Pro. When I try to create it gives me an error 0x81000203 can anyone help me PLEASE...