Windows 10: Restore Pre-Activated windows 10 from Windows.old

Discus and support Restore Pre-Activated windows 10 from Windows.old in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I have bought a new laptop with pre-activated windows 10 installed. But accidentally the seller installed new windows 10 which isn't activated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vasigaran Alex, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Restore Pre-Activated windows 10 from Windows.old

Hello,I have bought a new laptop with pre-activated windows 10 installed. But accidentally the seller installed new windows 10 which isn't activated. and they didn't give me an activation key also. Are they trying to get me back again and again to fix the laptop? I don't know.I have windows.old folder. Can I recover pre-activated windows from that windows.old folder?

:)

Vasigaran Alex, Jun 18, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 18, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jun 18, 2021
  4. qubit Win User

Restore Pre-Activated windows 10 from Windows.old

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

This kinda sucks. However, if one is upgrading from a retail W7/8, then it should activate on different hardware, with possible phone activation required if it's been over 120 days or whatever the timeout period is now since the last activation. Remember to erase the copy on the old hardware, of course.

qubit, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Restore Pre-Activated windows 10 from Windows.old

1. Restore Pre-Activated windows 10 from Windows.old - Similar Threads - Restore Pre Activated

2. Windows 10 pro activation failed during migrating from pre-installed windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro activation failed during migrating from pre-installed windows 10 home: Hi,I was using pre-installed Windows 10 Home but I want to use Windows 10 pro. I have tried several methods as per below,1. Got back from windows 11 home to 10 home and inserted product key that didn't work. Followed the solution where I had to put a general product key to...
  3. Windows 10 pro activation failed during migrating from pre-installed windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pro activation failed during migrating from pre-installed windows 10 home: Hi,I was using pre-installed Windows 10 Home but I want to use Windows 10 pro. I have tried several methods as per below,1. Got back from windows 11 home to 10 home and inserted product key that didn't work. Followed the solution where I had to put a general product key to...
  4. Restore windows 10 pre-installed apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Restore windows 10 pre-installed apps: Hello, I reset my hard drive and wrongly I removed the pre-installed apps of windows. When the reset was done there was no pre-installed app. How can I restore it all the pre-installed apps and windows settings?...
  5. Activating Windows 10 from an old product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 from an old product key: I recently built a PC and want to activate windows on it. I thought I would use the product key from my old laptop since I had to purchase windows for that to activate it. After deleting it and taking it off the registry, I entered it on my PC to find that I'm getting an...
  6. pre installed windows 10 activation

pre installed windows 10 activation: I have been facing a problem regarding windows 10 activation i haven't got any activation key with my laptop as it has pre installed microsoft windows 10 home and office, when i open any windows app like word and after going in settings there always comming a popup that...
  7. Activate a pre-installed Windows 10

Activate a pre-installed Windows 10: Hello, I have bought a new laptop Acer Aspire 5, which running by Windows 10 S. When I open the settings page it shows the following message; YOU NEED TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS BEFORE YOU CAN PERSONLISE YOUR PC. How I can find the activation key? Thank you very much for...
  8. Windows 10 activation new device from old one

Windows 10 activation new device from old one: I assembled new pc selling old one. I was unaware of how licensing works. I did format my old pc before selling it. Now I am trying to activate it on new pc but it is not working. I have digital licensed attached to my account. So how I can fix this. Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 pre-installed on new device but Windows not activated

Windows 10 pre-installed on new device but Windows not activated: I purchased a Surface Pro approximately 8 weeks ago direct from Microsoft. Just under 2 weeks ago my device got stuck in a Surface UEFI screen loop. I sent the device back to Microsoft and yesterday I received a new (possibly refurbished) device through the post. I have...
  10. Activation of Windows on a Pre-owned device

Activation of Windows on a Pre-owned device: Hello there beautiful people. I am having a bit of a problem. I bought a laptop from my trusty local pawnshop and when I brought it home it wants me to activate my windows os.... why and how on a preowned device. Where do I get the key or do I have to buy a new system?...