Windows 10: Restore previous folder windows at logon not working

Discus and support Restore previous folder windows at logon not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; With my previous laptop this setting worked fine. After logon, all open windows explorers that were open at shutdown, were restored.With my new laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PDE, Oct 21, 2021.

1. PDE
    PDE Win User

Restore previous folder windows at logon not working

With my previous laptop this setting worked fine. After logon, all open windows explorers that were open at shutdown, were restored.With my new laptop, no explorers are restored, even though the setting is active set in folder options > view > advanced settingsAlso checked in the registry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\PersistBrowsers = 1Could there be a setting which overrules the restore setting?This is pretty annoying.

:)

2. Shockley Win User

Previous File Explorer windows are not restored even after turning on the "Restore previous folder windows at logon" feature on a Windows 10 computer

This happens every time you reboot a Windows 10 computer, both Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise.

Please try it yourself.

• Open Folder Options and select the View tab.
    • De-Select/Un-Check "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    • Select/Check "Restore previous folder windows at logon"
    • Leave the File Explorer window open and reboot the computer
    • The previous open folder window will not be restored after logon
    • Open a File Explore window and open the C:\ root folder or the C:\Windows folder
    • The protected operating system files will once again be hidden
    • Open Folder Options and select the View tab
    • Locate the same values changed previously and look at their current setting.
    • They will have returned back to their default values
      • "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" will be Selected/Checked
      • "Restore previous folder windows at logon" will be De-selected/Un-Checked
    It seems to be a bug in Windows 10 that I would like to report.

Shockley, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Shockley Win User
    Previous File Explorer windows are not restored even after turning on the "Restore previous folder windows at logon" feature on a Windows 10 computer

I have tried this on several different Windows 10 computers, but none of them seem to keep the following Folder View Options.

• Select/Check "Restore previous folder windows at logon"
    • De-Select/Un-Check "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    I can see option two getting reset since Microsoft assumes I am not smart enough not to delete protected operating system files and gives me a warning when I are de-Select/un-Check the "Hide protected operating system files" option.

But I have also de-selected/un-checked all of the "Hide..." View options in the File Explorer Folder Options and they used to stick.

And I like to have the File Explorer folder windows I have open when I reboot, re-open where I left off.

Shockley, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Restore previous folder windows at logon not working

EastCoasthandle, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Restore previous folder windows at logon not working

1. Restore previous folder windows at logon not working - Similar Threads - Restore previous folder

2. "Restore previous folder windows at logon" is not working. Please fix the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Restore previous folder windows at logon" is not working. Please fix the issue: I have selected "Restore previous folder windows at logon" option, but when I restart, it is never restoring previous folder windows. Please fix the issue. I am not using hibernate....
  3. "Restore previous folder windows at logon" is not working. Please fix the issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Restore previous folder windows at logon" is not working. Please fix the issue: I have selected "Restore previous folder windows at logon" option, but when I restart, it is never restoring previous folder windows. Please fix the issue. I am not using hibernate....
  4. Restore previous folder windows at logon not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore previous folder windows at logon not working: Out of my 4 or 5 folders, I would like to reopen at logon I'm lucky if I get 1. PersistBrowsers doesn't help the issue.I have tried as I said before adding Persistbrowsers. Logging out and back inI made a temporary user accountnone of these reopen at logon.I and others have...
  5. Restore previous folder windows at logon not working

Restore previous folder windows at logon not working: Out of my 4 or 5 folders, I would like to reopen at logon I'm lucky if I get 1. PersistBrowsers doesn't help the issue.I have tried as I said before adding Persistbrowsers. Logging out and back inI made a temporary user accountnone of these reopen at logon.I and others have...
  6. "Restore previous folder windows at logon" is very unreliable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Restore previous folder windows at logon" is very unreliable: I have a problem with "Restore previous folder windows at logon".Often I start a computer and no windows show up. All of them were closed. This does not happen every time, but it happens much more often than in Windows 10 and it is seriously affecting my productivity.Same...
  7. "Restore previous folder windows at logon" is very unreliable

"Restore previous folder windows at logon" is very unreliable: I have a problem with "Restore previous folder windows at logon".Often I start a computer and no windows show up. All of them were closed. This does not happen every time, but it happens much more often than in Windows 10 and it is seriously affecting my productivity.Same...
  8. Restore previous folder windows at logon not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore previous folder windows at logon not working: With my previous laptop this setting worked fine. After logon, all open windows explorers that were open at shutdown, were restored.With my new laptop, no explorers are restored, even though the setting is active set in folder options > view > advanced settingsAlso checked in...
  9. Restore previous folder windows at logon not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore previous folder windows at logon not working: With my previous laptop this setting worked fine. After logon, all open windows explorers that were open at shutdown, were restored.With my new laptop, no explorers are restored, even though the setting is active set in folder options > view > advanced settingsAlso checked in...
  10. Turn On Restore previous folder windows at logon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On Restore previous folder windows at logon in Windows 10: How to: Turn On Restore previous folder windows at logon in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off 'Restore previous folder windows at logon' in Windows 10 When you sign off, restart, or shutdown your computer, you can have Windows to automatically open the previously opened...