Windows 10: Restore Previous session , not detected

Discus and support Restore Previous session , not detected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Microsoft edge does not have option to restore previous session as it was reported above and it is expected to detect coming up after crash and offer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yansimkin, Jul 29, 2018.

1. yansimkin Win User

Restore Previous session , not detected

Microsoft edge does not have option to restore previous session as it was reported above and it is expected to detect coming up after crash and offer to restore previous session automatically. However when I am restarting Windows while Edge is running, Edge does not detect interruption and comes up with default page.

So how do I restore all the tabs I had opened before restart?

:)

yansimkin, Jul 29, 2018
  2. yansimkin Win User

Microsoft edge does not have option to restore previous session as it was reported above and it is expected to detect coming up after crash and offer to restore previous session automatically. However when I am restarting Windows while Edge is running, Edge
    does not detect interruption and comes up with default page.

So how do I restore all the tabs I had opened before restart?

yansimkin, Oct 5, 2018
  3. RyoTakagi Win User

Hello, you will be able to restore to previous session once you've set it in settings. On the top right, there will be a 3 dotted button. Click that and click Settings on the bottom. There should be "Open Microsoft Edge with" option there and a drop down
    box. Click on that and select "Previous Pages". Now everything you x out of, it will restore to the previous session. Hope this helps!

RyoTakagi, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Henrycp1 Win User

Edge restore Session

I have Edge set to restore my session which has worked fine until today. I was trying to resolve an issue in an application and asked to go to their support site. They opened up edge and it didn't restore my previous session. Now I have a whole bunch of
    sites that I've lost contact with and it appears edge doesn't provide an alternative to restore my session without trying to figure it out from my history. Duh!! Why do companies think removing features is a benefit????

I found this, so I expect my situation is hopeless.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would like to inform that Edge does restore the previous session after a crash by itself when opened after the system restarts but if that fails then there is no option to restore the previous session. I suggest you to provide a Feedback using the Feedback
    App which will help the developers to release improved options in the future builds of Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be happy to assist you.

Henrycp1, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Restore Previous session , not detected - Similar Threads - Restore Previous session

2. Keeping window size from previous session

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeping window size from previous session: I simply want the same sized window every time I use win11. i.e. restore the window size/position from previous session. This used to be the default I think. I just want one full screen window at start up. Thanks...
  3. Keeping window size from previous session

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keeping window size from previous session: I simply want the same sized window every time I use win11. i.e. restore the window size/position from previous session. This used to be the default I think. I just want one full screen window at start up. Thanks...
  4. Auto relaunch of previous session at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto relaunch of previous session at startup: 08/16/20 Overnight my pc rebooted; no updates occurred. On startup, everything that was open re-launched slow-w-w-w-ly, of course. 1 Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Scroll down to Privacy > Toggle off Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my...
  5. Microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session: version 1809 build 17763.1158 For some reason, microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session even though i have it set to restore the previous pages on startup. It just suddenly stopped doing that today. I tried toggling that option on/off but it will not...
  6. Microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session: version 1809 build 17763.1158 For some reason, microsoft edge is no longer restoring the previous session even though i have it set to restore the previous pages on startup. It just suddenly stopped doing that today. I tried toggling that option on/off but it will not...
  7. Restore previous bootloop

Restore previous bootloop: My machine is stuck in a recurrent boot loop where it tries to restore to my previously installed version of windows. I have given it an hour to try to resolve on its own I have then tried previous solutions to ty to get to safe boot to repair including the 3 successive...
  8. restoring to a previous checkpoint

restoring to a previous checkpoint: What happened to the option to restore the system to an earlier checkpoint? I can't find anything that even remotely resembles it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-to-a-previous-checkpoint/99cc9b23-5ef2-4d35-927e-08a601ffcdad
  9. Restore to previous build.??????

Restore to previous build.??????: I'm on Version 1607 Build 14905 Initially thought my problem was only Adobe Reader DC not opening. Having many problems that SFC or DISM didn't fix. "Start", "Power" does nothing, just disappears back to desktop (Right click option works) Can't open "Windows Update"...
  10. Restoring Previous Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring Previous Version: So I download Windows 10 from here: Windows 10 Whilst I run it, no questions show up, asking anything, but in videos I see questions, asking about Updates and your current PC data. Once it completes, and restarts my PC, it finishes, then goes onto a screen saying...