Windows 10: Restore Removed Device??

Discus and support Restore Removed Device?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have this hard drive I plug into my windows 10 to use as portable storage but it automatically opens when plugged in and it lags my pc terribly so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brea bani, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Brea bani Win User

Restore Removed Device??

I have this hard drive I plug into my windows 10 to use as portable storage but it automatically opens when plugged in and it lags my pc terribly so I wanted to try and stop it so I tried removing the device to see if it'd go back to asking what to do with the device instead of immediately opening it but now I can't get the hard drive to show up and it's driving me crazy I don't know where to go for help or how to fix it but the device won't show up anymore and I can't browse its files I might have deleted it or something but how can I fix it??

:)

Brea bani, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 8, 2018
  3. John Fer Win User
    Restore USB device

Thank you for the update. We suggest running the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to help you with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Cortana search box then press
      Enter.
    • On the pop-up window, select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter and see if it will resolve your concern.

Keep us updated with the result.

John Fer, Dec 8, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restore Removed Device??

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore Removed Device?? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Restore Removed Device??

1. Restore Removed Device?? - Similar Threads - Restore Removed Device

2. Remove old devices from Restore screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove old devices from Restore screen?: Just installed Win 11 on another device, and I noticed there are a lot of old installations in the "Select a device to restore from" screen, during Windows installation. Is there any way to remove them? I can't find anything in my account.This isn't mine. I took it from a...
  3. Remove old devices from Restore screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove old devices from Restore screen?: Just installed Win 11 on another device, and I noticed there are a lot of old installations in the "Select a device to restore from" screen, during Windows installation. Is there any way to remove them? I can't find anything in my account.This isn't mine. I took it from a...
  4. Threat Removed or Restored

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat Removed or Restored: What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/threat-removed-or-restored/ceef5aa5-3989-4022-992f-04c02fa98096
  5. Threat removed or restored

Threat removed or restored: Hello, Can someone help me explain what this means? From some other forums, it seems like everything is good but I'm pretty paranoid so I'm not so sure if my laptop is safe. Please help me : [ATTACH]...
  6. Threat Removed or Restored

Threat Removed or Restored: Hello! I have windows 10. I was notified by windows security of a threat upon opening a file from an external device. Soon after which it was placed in quarantine. After viewing the options, I selected the option 'remove' and NOT 'allow'. However, few minutes later did I...
  7. Restore "Devices with Removable Storage" in This PC in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore "Devices with Removable Storage" in This PC in File Explorer: I was thinking: would it be possible to separate the "Devices and Drives" of W10 back to "Hard Disk Drives" and "Devices with Removable Storage" of W7? Basically what I want to do is split the W10 dropdown so that there's one for HDDs/SSDs and one for (Virtual) Optical...
  8. Threat Removed or Restored

Threat Removed or Restored: What does this Mean??? [ATTACH] Did I accidentally allow/restore a threat?? I'm kinda freaking out! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/threat-removed-or-restored/d9e1cd49-dc89-40aa-b5a1-ea618e950c79
  9. Restore/Remove Everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore/Remove Everything: Restore/Remove Everything doesn't work. I go through the process, taking some minutes to run, and end with a message that says windows was unable to perform the function. I've removed things like anti-viurs and other things that I though might be blocking the process, but...
  10. Restore Points removed

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Points removed: I find that the oldest restore points regularly disappear even though I have system recovery on and more than adequate disc space allocated. Am I missing something? 37219

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restoring bluetooth devices i removed

2. restore a removed device