Windows 10: Restore Search Function in Documents Page

Discus and support Restore Search Function in Documents Page in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In my W10, the search function has suddenly failed in the Docs page. Yesterday it accepted no input. This morning it accepted input briefly--and going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bill marsano, May 22, 2023.

1. Restore Search Function in Documents Page

In my W10, the search function has suddenly failed in the Docs page. Yesterday it accepted no input. This morning it accepted input briefly--and going so far as to briefly show that it was indeed searching--but then reverted to no input accepted. [Moderator note: moved from the Word forum to Windows 10]

:)

bill marsano, May 22, 2023
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. MattCorey Win User
    My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Easily (2023 Guide)

MattCorey, May 22, 2023
  4. Restore Search Function in Documents Page

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 22, 2023
Thema:

Restore Search Function in Documents Page

1. Restore Search Function in Documents Page - Similar Threads - Restore Search Function

2. Restore Document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Document: I saved a document on word which was very important. It had my entire essay for my finals this week on it and somehow the progress did not send even after saving it and keeping the tab open. How do i get this back ASAP. I have tried going in preferences, checking that first...
  3. Restore Document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Document: I saved a document on word which was very important. It had my entire essay for my finals this week on it and somehow the progress did not send even after saving it and keeping the tab open. How do i get this back ASAP. I have tried going in preferences, checking that first...
  4. Restore Document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Restore Search Function in Documents Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Search Function in Documents Page: In my W10, the search function has suddenly failed in the Docs page. Yesterday it accepted no input. This morning it accepted input briefly--and going so far as to briefly show that it was indeed searching--but then reverted to no input accepted. [Moderator note: moved from...
  6. Restore Search Function in Documents Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Search Function in Documents Page: In my W10, the search function has suddenly failed in the Docs page. Yesterday it accepted no input. This morning it accepted input briefly--and going so far as to briefly show that it was indeed searching--but then reverted to no input accepted. [Moderator note: moved from...
  7. Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents: On my laptop I store most of my files on an external memory card. The issue is as follows: When I perform a windows search for a keyword in documents on my internal hard drive, it finds all files that contain this word anywhere in the document, but when I perform the search...
  8. Users "search" function grayed out when saving documents.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Users "search" function grayed out when saving documents.: mainly while saving in adobe--but seen it while saving other things too office basically--they are printing to Adobe to save as PDF. in the upper right of the save as popup window, there is a "search" box. that is grayed out and the user cannot enter anything in that box....
  9. Restore Pages

Restore Pages: Hi, I get a notice at the top right of the screen, asking me if I want to restore pages, it informs me that Microsoft Edge closed unexpectedly. This happens every time I log into Edge. I hope someone can help. Best regards Ken....
  10. Search function regarding documents

Search function regarding documents: With a recent update of Windows 10, I find that when I use the search function with my documents, the word I type is not visible. Assuming I type it correctly, it comes up after I hit "enter" but I regard this a bug, relative to the previous version of Windows 10....