Windows 10: Restore settings so I can open safe websites

Discus and support Restore settings so I can open safe websites in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For some strange reason I'm not able to log in to safe websites like Kroger, Publix, Walmart etc. I've troubleshooted damned near everything I know to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kittyb_1116, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Restore settings so I can open safe websites

For some strange reason I'm not able to log in to safe websites like Kroger, Publix, Walmart etc. I've troubleshooted damned near everything I know to do and abled, disabled, reset cookies, cache, et al. All to no avail. This happens in whatever browser I use. HELP!!!

:)

kittyb_1116, Jul 29, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Restore settings so I can open safe websites

can not open settings and start does not work win10

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    safe mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process (For Laptop: Remove the battery before performing the steps)
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in safe mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in
    safe mode
    . This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control
      Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View
      by, click Category and select
      Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Restore settings so I can open safe websites

1. Restore settings so I can open safe websites - Similar Threads - Restore settings open

2. I can not open evernote application and website.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not open evernote application and website.: Windows 11 reports that "This website is blocked by your organization." However, I do not join domain my notebook with my office notebook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-open-evernote-application-and-website/09ff6ef8-56f3-476f-a18e-4fab6f202907
  3. I can not open evernote application and website.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not open evernote application and website.: Windows 11 reports that "This website is blocked by your organization." However, I do not join domain my notebook with my office notebook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-open-evernote-application-and-website/09ff6ef8-56f3-476f-a18e-4fab6f202907
  4. I can open some websites on Edge but not others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can open some websites on Edge but not others.: I am currently in a different country and when I go on to my Edge on windows 11 I can access YouTube, Amazon, Facebook and Gmail. However, if I try to access Outlook, Word Press and other websites I can't. Which is strange since it was working all fine before and I can access...
  5. I can open some websites on Edge but not others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can open some websites on Edge but not others.: I am currently in a different country and when I go on to my Edge on windows 11 I can access YouTube, Amazon, Facebook and Gmail. However, if I try to access Outlook, Word Press and other websites I can't. Which is strange since it was working all fine before and I can access...
  6. I can't open my settings and if i open settings so it's so only blue display... please...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open my settings and if i open settings so it's so only blue display... please...: I can't open my settings and if i open settings so it's so only blue display... please solve it.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-settings-and-if-i-open-settings-so/9d5ff69e-f870-41bb-ae83-66674fd2c4fa
  7. Is file.net a safe website?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is file.net a safe website?: https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=file.net If you look at the comments it says that it downloads something on your pc? One engine detected this website https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/65aa84f0ea1fea2eeb99a5f80cca3896ece2bfb6d7eaf08f0763b9963411d790/detection...
  8. can not open aetna website

in Windows 10 Customization
    can not open aetna website: Ever since Windows 10 was installed on my computer I cannot log into my personal Aetna account. I enter the correct ID and PW, the screen changes several times while it tries to load and than goes back to login screen. I contacted Aetna and they had no problem logging in...
  9. Is Restoro a safe website?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is Restoro a safe website?: I keep getting a message that Restoro will fix problems with my Windows program - is this a legitimate Microsoft website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-restoro-a-safe-website/33a40afd-74ed-4e9d-b57e-201e65cda0ad
  10. Is The Website Upucuzza safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is The Website Upucuzza safe?: So I am using win 10 Pro so hopefully this post won't get nuked and will get the most eyeballs on it posting in General Support. Someone posted a link to Bitdefender software that came up in one of my posts The new Ransomware Remediation feature in Bitdefender 2019 and...