Windows 10: Restore software that boots to itself

Discus and support Restore software that boots to itself in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My wife's dell notebook hard drive crashed, a Toshiba MQ01ABF050 500mb I have been unable to use any normal recovery tools in Windows Is there recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by 3DPiper, Jun 27, 2018.

1. 3DPiper Win User

Restore software that boots to itself

My wife's dell notebook hard drive crashed, a Toshiba MQ01ABF050 500mb
    I have been unable to use any normal recovery tools in Windows
    Is there recovery software that I can boot to and use bypassing everything else altogether?
    I think the drive is recoverable but would like to do it myself if possible

The drive clicks when powered on and I get the windows 'ding-dong' found device sound
    but either no drive ever shows up in windows explorer or an empty drive shows up

:)

3DPiper, Jun 27, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore software that boots to itself [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 27, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 27, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Restore software that boots to itself - Similar Threads - Restore software boots

2. Window will not repair itself or restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window will not repair itself or restore: I was trying to repair my dust management in windows 10 and had a crash. Now windows will not start or repair itself or restore. I have bit locker installed and gone through all the steps I could find and no luck. I originally had windows 7 and now have 10 as the upgrade. I...
  3. Window will not repair itself or restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window will not repair itself or restore: I was trying to repair my dust management in windows 10 and had a crash. Now windows will not start or repair itself or restore. I have bit locker installed and gone through all the steps I could find and no luck. I originally had windows 7 and now have 10 as the upgrade. I...
  4. Window will not repair itself or restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My computer restore files by itself and I do not install any software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer restore files by itself and I do not install any software: I have already asked many communities but none of them can solve itSystem: Win10it is an SSD and 238GB in total, 147GB avliable. Only has C:Even huorong and 360 will be deleted after restart and they are not able to use.Today morning, I tried to open Microsoft Edge and it...
  6. My computer restore files by itself and I do not install any software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer restore files by itself and I do not install any software: I have already asked many communities but none of them can solve itSystem: Win10it is an SSD and 238GB in total, 147GB avliable. Only has C:Even huorong and 360 will be deleted after restart and they are not able to use.Today morning, I tried to open Microsoft Edge and it...
  7. My computer restore files by itself and I do not install any software

8. software is opening by itself? w10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    software is opening by itself? w10: software opening by itself? w10 i think i use the 'task scedular' to auo-open an app when it set it it gave an error, so guess it didnt work but on 'task scedular' it shows nothing it also says 0 for everything how to find out what's going on here? cos set it and it...
  9. System restore doesn't restore uninstalled software.

System restore doesn't restore uninstalled software.: Maybe I have a misunderstanding of how System Restore works. Yesterday I uninstalled a program that I'd like to now get back. The company that made the program no longer offers archive downloads for that program in particular. Today it occurred to me that I could do a System...
  10. Restore boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore boot: Hi, I am using a dual boot system (Windows 10 Pro and FreeBSD). I used to boot Windows 10 or BSD through BSD's boot manager. I needed to reinstall Windows 10, so my boot has been overwritten. I tried to restore it, and then I ran into problems.. I am not able to boot...