Windows 10: Restore system back each time it boots?

Discus and support Restore system back each time it boots? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; What was the tool that makes Windows restore system back to the clean state each time it boots? i would like to have it enabled for schools because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by evildog1, May 16, 2016.

1. evildog1 Win User

Restore system back each time it boots?

What was the tool that makes Windows restore system back to the clean state each time it boots? i would like to have it enabled for schools because studens keep messing up computers and i have to reinstall the computer via network.

Many years ago, i were student at school and I remembered that Windows XP have restore system feature and tells you that you must save the files before shutdown. It is a build-in tool but I forgot what was the tool named.

:)

evildog1, May 16, 2016
  2. DonHalter Win User

Lost Metro page

If you will look at my original post, I said that I tried a system restore from three different restore points that I have and each time it came back saying that the system restore failed because of a corrupted restore point. The next time I tried it it
    came back and said that the restore point had been deleted?????

But in any case system restore does not work either.......

Don

DonHalter, May 16, 2016
  3. frazer007 Win User
    Regarding Latest Windows 10 Creators Update!!

Hi folks, Downloaded Creator Upgrade file 9252 for Windows 10 Home vers and tried to install x4 attempts with long intallation times for each attempt having seemingly passed the compatibilty Windows check.

Each of 4 attempts, without any clue as to why, simply put me back to existing Win 10 and each attempt deleted all Restore points having tried to safeguard system settings by making Restore points before each attempt. Very frustrating, big waste of time
    and effort. Others beware. enjoy Frazer

frazer007, May 16, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

There is no built-in tool that will restore your the system back to a clean state, but what you are referring to about the files being saved is called "roaming profiles". It stores the users profile on the server, and re-downloads it each time you log in, and when you log off it uploads it. This is not, however, the same thing as restoring the original state.

You also might be thinking of Windows_SteadyState, which was discontinued in 2010. It wasn't "built-in", but it was a free download from Microsoft. Unfortunately, this is incompatible with any OS after Vista.

There are any number of ways to do this, depending on your budget. For instance, you can use VMWare View to use the workstations as "dumb clients" and when the user logs on each time a brand new system is created for them.

Another option is a tool like DeepFreeze or Reboot Restore Rx.

Mystere, May 16, 2016
  5. badrobot Win User
    Why not just create a clean image back up? If it's clean it will only take 10 to 15 mins to restore which is way way faster than reinstallation.

badrobot, May 16, 2016
  6. evildog1 Win User
    Oh i was wrong. i will try those program

The problem is each computers only have 1 disk but have 2 partitions. 1 hidden partition for one-click reinstallation and software deployment and 1 partition for Windows. I have USB but there is not enough space to create an image for each computer model. I don't know if those programs can save image into hidden partitions that users can't see

evildog1, May 17, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    I think you are thinking of sthg like this but it's obsolete:
    Windows SteadyState 2.5 Is Now Available!

But I don't know of anything currently supporting Win 10.
    E.g. Rollback RX, Comodo Time Machine were solutions of this kind.

dalchina, May 17, 2016
  8. badrobot Win User

Your institution should at least be able to provide you with a least 500GB of external USB hard drive as part of maintenance and backup plans for your computers. The program is free (Macrium Reflect or use the built-in imaging software of Windows). Image restoration is even faster than system reset by more than 10x.

badrobot, May 17, 2016
  9. Reboot Restore Rx is free and is an alternative to Windows SteadyState (which I agree sounds like the service you're talking about). It does support Windows 10 to follow up on a previous point.

HanginJang, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Restore system back each time it boots? - Similar Threads - Restore system each

2. unlock SSD drive each time after booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unlock SSD drive each time after booting: SituationRecently my Thinkpad P1 died and could not be repaired. After buying almost the same computer again, I have installed the SSD from y previous P1 onto the new one. After some nerding around, I have found the bitlocker key and successfully unlocked the drive and can...
  3. Go Back In Time Using System Restore Before Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Go Back In Time Using System Restore Before Windows Update: The next update is 25th march right? And 25th march update requires early installation. Can i go back in time using system restore before new windows update comes or few days before windows update comes?...
  4. Go Back In Time Using System Restore Before Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Go Back In Time Using System Restore Before Windows Update: The next update is 25th march right? And 25th march update requires early installation. Can i go back in time using system restore before new windows update comes or few days before windows update comes?...
  5. Go Back In Time Using System Restore Before Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. System Restore Back up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Back up: All In One 22-df0023wwindows 10 64 bitPurchased this new HP and want to make a recovery on an external hard drive. Any advice on the best way to do this? I thought about the system image back up, yet while doing some searching I saw where some were saying that they made an...
  7. System restored will not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restored will not boot: I restored a backup, now it will no boot. Tried all repair options I can find, no joy, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restored-will-not-boot/7fff9b58-55c0-4b21-91b4-b83c2d63124d
  8. System partial freeze after each boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    System partial freeze after each boot: After each boot my laptop will work as normal for 10-20 seconds, after that some (I think web based only) applications freeze, for me it's been Firefox and Discord. Sometimes the start menu is unresponsive at this time and the media ui will not appear when adjusting the...
  9. Log on Each Time Booting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log on Each Time Booting: I just purchased a new 17" HP with Windows 10... Each time I shut down and later want turn on the computer, I have to log on. How can I eliminate this requirement?...
  10. System Restore Fails Every Time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Fails Every Time: Hi Guys, Here is a weird one. On Win 10 Pro, 1803, Build 17134.48. Every system restore fails on my machine, with the error as in attachment. [img] If I try booting from Windows 10 setup USB boot and select Repair, then go to System Restore, I get this message: To use...