Windows 10: restore system image/blue screens have changed

Discus and support restore system image/blue screens have changed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an up to date Windows as of Feb 2020 including 1909 upgrade. I wanted to restore my system from a system image created with the "Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JMB1502, Feb 7, 2020.

1. JMB1502 Win User

restore system image/blue screens have changed

I have an up to date Windows as of Feb 2020 including 1909 upgrade.

I wanted to restore my system from a system image created with the "Windows 7 backup/restore utility".

I create such images every 2 months or so, and I thought I would be well protected.

So yesterday I wanted to restore my system from one such image.

But it seems to me the blue screens have changed and I am not able to reach the option "restore from system image". Several Web sites shows the screens leading you there.

Instead I get to a first screen offering options 1 to 9 through the keyboards keys. I choose 10 for further options. And after one more screen i get the message "your computer needs repair..."

Can somebody tell me if the restore from system image is still working ?

Thanks in advance

:)

JMB1502, Feb 7, 2020
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Blue Screen Cloning System Image

I had a PC that was using two SSD's in a RAID 0 array and they were not performing as I wanted, so I bought a large enough SSD so that I would not need the two. I made a system image in Windows 7 stored on an external USB, I took out the SSDs and put in the one new one. I changed the BIOS setting so it was no longer set to RAID, and attempted to restore the image onto this new SSD. It went smoothly, but then when attempting to boot into Windows I am getting a blue screen every time.

The code is 0x0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000). I imagine this has something to do with the hard drive. But I've done things like this in the past with no issues. I was suspecting RAID is the issue since this is my first time cloning a system on a RAID array to a SSD not setup for RAID. Is there something I can do on the RAID PC prior to creating the system image, so that when I clone it I don't have these blue screen issues? I'm really trying to avoid having to do a clean install, which would be a headache.

OrbitzXT, Feb 7, 2020
  3. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Feb 7, 2020
  4. restore system image/blue screens have changed

Blue Screen problem

Hi,

The issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error messages?
    • Can you please provide us the screenshot of the blue screen error?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

restore system image/blue screens have changed

1. restore system image/blue screens have changed - Similar Threads - restore system image

2. Having Trouble with Restoring System Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having Trouble with Restoring System Image: So recently I bought a new laptop that runs Windows 11. My old laptop runs Windows 10. I figured that I'd save a system image of my old laptop, restore it on my new laptop, and then re-upgrade my new laptop to Windows 11. I made the system image of my old computer onto a hard...
  3. Having Trouble with Restoring System Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having Trouble with Restoring System Image: So recently I bought a new laptop that runs Windows 11. My old laptop runs Windows 10. I figured that I'd save a system image of my old laptop, restore it on my new laptop, and then re-upgrade my new laptop to Windows 11. I made the system image of my old computer onto a hard...
  4. System Image Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image Restore: I am trying to restore a System Image created two weeks ago on an external hdd and everything seems to go well until it begins the restore process at which point I get an error stating the operating systems are different BIOS vs EFI. How do I correct this so that I can use...
  5. Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?: Hi guys, Bear with me on this little odyssey. It's a bit of a ramble, and more just me moaning than asking an actual question, but if anyone can help me figure out where I was going wrong I can sleep a bit easier. I was working on a project to deploy a custom Windows image...
  6. System restore and system image

System restore and system image: So I regularly create backups on my computer using the windows 7 restore tool from the control panel. There comes an option for creating the system image for drive C which is an SSD. I have heard that if the windows goes corrupt or is accidentally reset I can restore the...
  7. restoring a system image

restoring a system image: how do i restore a system image in windows 10 which is from a previous release of windows 10 using the system repair disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-a-system-image/89bdc83a-e7f5-4964-be07-26faba859f22
  8. System Restore image ?????

System Restore image ?????: I have just installed windows 10 home instead of the pro version which I installed by mistake then I restored my system image and everything was perfect as before !...….however on closer inspection I discovered windows 10 pro had be installed again !!!!! arrrrrrrrgh...
  9. System Image not Restoring.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image not Restoring.: Hi guys, so i reset my Toshiba laptop to its original factory settings and it came with windows 10 home. Then i had to clean install the windows on my laptop again because i was having some trouble with the touchpad drivers, so i wiped C. drive fully and installed window 10...
  10. system restore and imaging.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    system restore and imaging.: Hello I have a one T external drive I image to and it recently showed that 2 - 23 or 30 GB images were filling the drive. A friend, using Treesize, explained that this is due to the restore points taking up space. I changed the scale from 2% to 1 and then created one point....