Windows 10: Restore system. Will I loose windows 10?

Discus and support Restore system. Will I loose windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have purchased a used computer and the guy did not delete anything off of it. I want to do restore system but I dont know if I will loose windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaisyXQ, Dec 6, 2019.

1. DaisyXQ Win User

Restore system. Will I loose windows 10?

I have purchased a used computer and the guy did not delete anything off of it. I want to do restore system but I dont know if I will loose windows 10 since it is not its original operating system. It was upgraded from windows 7.

:)

DaisyXQ, Dec 6, 2019

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2019
  4. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CRestore system. Will I loose windows 10? :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CRestore system. Will I loose windows 10? :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Restore system. Will I loose windows 10? - Similar Threads - Restore system loose

2. Windows 10 system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 system restore: I want to fix my laptop, it suddenly opened into a blue thing, can't explain the look but it's called the ASUS BIOS utility - EZ mode. Yuo I was stuck in it then I followed this steps 1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and...
  3. System Restore on Windows 10

System Restore on Windows 10: I'm trying to set up system restore because it was suggested that I set up system restore to help resolve my problem with file explorer hanging or crashing. Then I read the following info on a locked string but can't asked question of whether or not to do the system restore...
  4. Loosing System Restore Points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loosing System Restore Points: I keep loosing system restore points. I only get to save 4 restore points that go back 30 days, even though I have set the disk space usage to handle over 15 restore points points. Why is this happening? In windows 7, I could save 3 months worth of restore points and I...
  5. Loosing Windows 10 Restore Points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Loosing Windows 10 Restore Points: I seem to be loosing my Windows 10 Restore Points. Here is my story: I manually created the 1st restore point on 8 Jan 2019 I manually created the 2nd restore point on 11 Jan 2019 In addition, I manually created a 3rd & 4th restore point two weeks later But, only the 3rd &...
  6. Windows 10 System Restore

Windows 10 System Restore: System Restore on my 3 week old computer with no added programs by me, takes two hours. From what I have read, it should take maybe 20 minutes, right? Is the problem with my computer or is the operating system corrupt?...
  7. windows 10 system restore

windows 10 system restore: I was having problems with my laptop dvd player. When I inserted a dvd, the Power Media Player screen would appear and the Resume and Restart icons where appear. If I clicked the mouse on either icon, I would get two beeps but the player would not start. I went on line for...
  8. Windows 10 System Restore

Windows 10 System Restore: I have done a system restore with a Windows 10 USB media device and it has been finalizing file restore overnight, I am not sure if I should still wait or try to restart my computer. Please help...
  9. System Restore in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore in Windows 10: When I try to fix a problem with system restore in Windows10 I am told there is no restore point created. This is absurd. Since you can't predict when you might need to use it you would have to create a restore point every day! Windows used to automatically create a restore...
  10. Windows 10 and system restore

Windows 10 and system restore: Would like to know if it's possible to do a system restore setting with my 8.1 and then try the Win 10 update. If not happy with the update, is it possible to restore to the restore point before the update. I'm pretty certain nothing is this easy but I have to ask. Steve 36089