Windows 10: Restore the Default Lock Screen

Discus and support Restore the Default Lock Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Over the last couple of months I have seen in Windows 10 14393.xxx the User Lock Screen become the Default Lock Screen. I have not found any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tracit99, Jan 2, 2017.

1. tracit99 Win User

Restore the Default Lock Screen

Over the last couple of months I have seen in Windows 10 14393.xxx the User Lock Screen become the Default Lock Screen. I have not found any way to restore the Default Lock Screen to its default (sea cave) image. I have checked in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\S-1-5-18\ReadOnly\LockScreen_Z and the sea cave image is the only one there. I have tried sfc /scannow and DISM restorehealth and neither have worked. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so have you found a way to restore the Default Lock Screen to its default? It may a registry entry that has become corrupt or that is set incorrectly. I simply do not know what causes this to happen or how to fix it once it does.

:)

tracit99, Jan 2, 2017

2. My computer is stuck like this when I'm back at safe mode and normal +

It's seems that my computer fixed the problem, I'll fix the network problem..

default-screen, Jan 2, 2017
  3. My computer is stuck like this when I'm back at safe mode and normal +

no internet networks showing up when I click the taskbar icon, and it's frozen, what can I do?

I haven't been on it since October 2015...

Restore the Default Lock Screen [​IMG]

default-screen, Jan 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I believe you will find that image here:
    C:\Windows\Web\Screen

Explanation of some aspects of the difference between the default lock screen (seen after booting the PC) and the lock screen seen otherwise:
    How to change default lock screen image in Windows 10

Easy way to change the default lock screen using a reliable free tweaker by an expert:

Restore the Default Lock Screen [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 2, 2017
  5. tracit99 Win User
    Thanks for responding. You are correct about the sea cave image appearing in C:\Windows\Web\Screen; however MS does something with this image before using it for the Default Lock Screen. Something about not dimmed. I do not understand what that is about, nevertheless I tried this Tweaker when I first encountered my issue and it did not work. Perhaps I will give it another shot when the issue appears again. Currently I am not experiencing the issue because I restored a Macrium image that was created before the issue showed up. So far this has been my only fix for this issue.

tracit99, Jan 2, 2017
  6. tracit99 Win User
    Finally found a solution that works for now. Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData.. (You will have to TakeOwnership of SystemData to open it) Delete all folders inside SystemData. Logoff/Logon. You should now see the sea cave image as the Default Lock Screen. Lastly from within Windows 10 press Win+L to lock your system. You should now see the User Lock Screen that is set from Settings>Personalization>Lock screen. I believe that Windows spotlight is selected by default.

tracit99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Restore the Default Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Restore Default Lock

2. Restore default settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore default settings: I have applied read only settings to the personal users folder in mr windows 11 laptop. And due to this some functions such as search bar is not working. How do i restore original settings to each folder?...
  3. restore color default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore color default: restore color to ideapad 5*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-color-default/f2e0dcfb-4b84-434b-becc-b11e466a069c
  4. Lock screen shows default lock screen image after restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen shows default lock screen image after restarting.: Hello everyone. I have no idea when it happened, but I noticed that my lock screen after restarting is on default always. When I restart my laptop, I see my lock screen wallpaper, but it immediately changes back to default wallpaper with blue swirls smoothly. How can I fix...
  5. Lock screen shows default lock screen image after restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen shows default lock screen image after restarting.: Hello everyone. I have no idea when it happened, but I noticed that my lock screen after restarting is on default always. When I restart my laptop, I see my lock screen wallpaper, but it immediately changes back to default wallpaper with blue swirls smoothly. How can I fix...
  6. Restore to Defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore to Defaults: I'm about to send this computer back as it came with no PRODUCT CODE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-defaults/3749baf6-fb80-4f66-9a84-52d3b38543ee
  7. Default Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default Lock Screen: I am having trouble changing my lock screen. When I boot up my pc it is always the default lock screen, however when I lock my pc it shows up as the custom lock screen I selected. Has anyone else run into this problem and if so is there a solution? submitted by...
  8. Lock screen changes to default on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock screen changes to default on startup: Hello! I've searched around for a solution for this bug but haven't found any luck yet. I set a picture as my lock screen over a year ago, and haven't changed it since. A couple of weeks ago, the lock screen started changing to a default picture on start-up. It doesn't...
  9. Changing the Default Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the Default Lock Screen Image: I looked into changing the default lock screen image that's shown after a restart, not the one you might choose like Windows Spotlight. Here's the normal default: [img] Supposedly you can do that by changing a registry setting:...
  10. Default apps not available to display on Lock Screen...??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default apps not available to display on Lock Screen...??: So I've been enjoying Windows 10 plenty for the most part, but I've run into my first potentially hair-tearing issue. I would like to add the Mail and Calendar apps to display more detailed information on my lock screen (simple enough, right?), however when I get to the...