Windows 10: restore thumbnails

Discus and support restore thumbnails in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just rebuilt my system disk from a backup save set and cannot see picture thumb nails. Have read and followed the suggestions from old posts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LawrenceGibb, Dec 3, 2018.

1. restore thumbnails

Just rebuilt my system disk from a backup save set and cannot see picture thumb nails. Have read and followed the suggestions from old posts (pre-Windows 10) and still no thumbnails.

:)

LawrenceGibb, Dec 3, 2018

2. How to restore deleted thumbnails to my computer?

Original title: Restore Thumbnails

I was trying to make my computer run faster and a suggestion online said to delete thumbnails. I did and now I want them back!!! Is there a way to restore deleted thumbnails to my computer? I went to the Recycle Bin and restored all, however I still don't
    have any thumbnails for my pictures. Please tell me this is fixable!!! Thanks.

JackieVizcarra, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 3, 2018
  4. restore thumbnails

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

restore thumbnails

1. restore thumbnails - Similar Threads - restore thumbnails

2. Restore Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Thumbnails: When choosing a new folder icon, you no longer see the contents of that folder in my case thumbnails. Is this a permanent change or can it be restored to showing the contents of a file thumbnails. I have tried pressing the "Restore Default" button, but that doesn't get rid of...
  3. Restore Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Thumbnails: When choosing a new folder icon, you no longer see the contents of that folder in my case thumbnails. Is this a permanent change or can it be restored to showing the contents of a file thumbnails. I have tried pressing the "Restore Default" button, but that doesn't get rid of...
  4. Restore Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how do I restore thumbnails?

how do I restore thumbnails?: media plays fine but the thumbnails disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-thumbnails/ce0127ea-1f99-4d85-806d-19c2c74a14b3
  6. how do I restore thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I restore thumbnails?: media plays fine but the thumbnails disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-thumbnails/ce0127ea-1f99-4d85-806d-19c2c74a14b3
  7. I need help restoring my Thumbnail View for my .csp files!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help restoring my Thumbnail View for my .csp files!: So, a while back I updated to Windows 11 when it first became available because someone told me "what's the harm" and I have had a plethora of problems since--most recently I have grown frustrated with my thumbnail view being gone when in my file folder because good lord I am...
  8. I need help restoring my Thumbnail View for my .csp files!

I need help restoring my Thumbnail View for my .csp files!: So, a while back I updated to Windows 11 when it first became available because someone told me "what's the harm" and I have had a plethora of problems since--most recently I have grown frustrated with my thumbnail view being gone when in my file folder because good lord I am...
  9. How to restore jigsaw puzzle progress - the picture thumbnail shows correct progress...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore jigsaw puzzle progress - the picture thumbnail shows correct progress...: How to restore jigsaw puzzle progress - the picture thumbnail shows correct progress... but for the text number instead of showing about 60% it shows 1% and that is what I get when I click to start.......
  10. How to restore jigsaw puzzle progress - the picture thumbnail shows correct progress...

How to restore jigsaw puzzle progress - the picture thumbnail shows correct progress...: How to restore jigsaw puzzle progress - the picture thumbnail shows correct progress... but for the text number instead of showing about 60% it shows 1% and that is what I get when I click to start.......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thumbnail backup

2. pictures restored from backup dont have thumbnails

3. How to restore thumbnails to original size?