Windows 10: Restore to a default state on restart?

Discus and support Restore to a default state on restart? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Not sure if this software still exists but back in the day of Windows XP my school had a system where every time you rebooted the computer it reverted... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Polraudio, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Polraudio Win User

Restore to a default state on restart?

Not sure if this software still exists but back in the day of Windows XP my school had a system where every time you rebooted the computer it reverted to a default stateim guessing an image. It was so fast it only took a few minutes for the computer to start up. I think the software was called "ProtectOn" but i cant find anything about it.

Does anyone know of any software like this i can use without resorting to a VM?

:)

Polraudio, Apr 13, 2021

2. reset system folder (windows) permission back to default / original state

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type File explorer options,Select it from the options
    • Click on Restore defaults.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, Apr 13, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Restore to a default state on restart? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Restore to a default state on restart?

Restoring the N900 to factory defaults

Due to much meddling of my own my N900 is now in a very interesting (mostly usable) state. I was wondering if there is a simple way I can attach my device to my computer and restore it to factory defaults (software wise). Reflashing the device does not
    restore all default settings. I want to remove all user added/edited files as well as restore the default partition layout of the device.

Suggestions?

~Jeff

Jeff91---01, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Restore to a default state on restart?

1. Restore to a default state on restart? - Similar Threads - Restore default state

2. Restore default settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore default settings: I have applied read only settings to the personal users folder in mr windows 11 laptop. And due to this some functions such as search bar is not working. How do i restore original settings to each folder?...
  3. restore color default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore color default: restore color to ideapad 5*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-color-default/f2e0dcfb-4b84-434b-becc-b11e466a069c
  4. restore color default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore color default: restore color to ideapad 5*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-color-default/f2e0dcfb-4b84-434b-becc-b11e466a069c
  5. restore color default

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Restore to Defaults

Restore to Defaults: I'm about to send this computer back as it came with no PRODUCT CODE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-defaults/3749baf6-fb80-4f66-9a84-52d3b38543ee
  7. Windows 10 restoring application states after restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 restoring application states after restart?: So a couple of times I've restarted after a Windows update, and upon returning to the desktop I've had my applications reopen themselves and in one case the contents of my RAMdisk were not wiped. Can this feature be disabled? submitted by /u/alvarkresh [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 Display settings restore to default every restart

Windows 10 Display settings restore to default every restart: I have a Lenovo P51 with two external Asus monitors. When I restart the system the displays always revert to the background settings - Photo and Tile. I always set it back to Slideshow and Fit. The slideshow resides on my C: so there should be no interference by the server....
  9. Devices "Friendly Names" restored to defaults at every restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices "Friendly Names" restored to defaults at every restart: I've renamed my sound devices using the "FriendlyName" registry key method (the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001 key). However they got restored to the ugly defaults after each restart. *Sad Can anyone suggest how to keep them? I've thought of disabling system...
  10. Restore back to factory state

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore back to factory state: I managed to screw things up pretty bad, and want to restore back to factory state, However I can no longer access my restore partition because Windows 10 has its restore software there when I hit F11. This is an HP Pavilion 17. Anyone know of any tools or a way to get my old...