Windows 10: Restore to Defaults

Discus and support Restore to Defaults in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm about to send this computer back as it came with no PRODUCT CODE?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by James Van Dusen, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Restore to Defaults

I'm about to send this computer back as it came with no PRODUCT CODE?

:)

James Van Dusen, Apr 28, 2021

2. reset system folder (windows) permission back to default / original state

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type File explorer options,Select it from the options
    • Click on Restore defaults.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, Apr 28, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Restore to Defaults :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 28, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restore to Defaults

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore to Defaults [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Restore to Defaults

1. Restore to Defaults - Similar Threads - Restore Defaults

2. How to restore a hard drive icon to default image WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore a hard drive icon to default image WINDOWS 11: In file explorer, I went to update a hard drive icon via RIGHT CLICK/PROPERTIES/CUSTOMISE/FOLDER PICTURES and thought I'd selected an image. I was wrong. All that shows now is an icon of a white rectangle. I've been into edit the registry new key; typed DEFAULTICON, as a...
  3. How to restore a hard drive icon to default image WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore a hard drive icon to default image WINDOWS 11: In file explorer, I went to update a hard drive icon via RIGHT CLICK/PROPERTIES/CUSTOMISE/FOLDER PICTURES and thought I'd selected an image. I was wrong. All that shows now is an icon of a white rectangle. I've been into edit the registry new key; typed DEFAULTICON, as a...
  4. Restore windows xp default theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore windows xp default theme: I recently found my old Windows XP laptop, which I would like to use to play my old games, I found a CD ROM that I used to win from Nintendo, it was special Game Cube themes with custom icons, I used to like this and now I don't anymore. wanted to put it back, to my surprise...
  5. Restore windows xp default theme

Restore windows xp default theme: I recently found my old Windows XP laptop, which I would like to use to play my old games, I found a CD ROM that I used to win from Nintendo, it was special Game Cube themes with custom icons, I used to like this and now I don't anymore. wanted to put it back, to my surprise...
  6. Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...: These are the screenshots so you can get more of an Idea of what I'm saying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-merged-with-d-restore-default-fails-due/26aeb604-de99-4ce2-80ec-fd6c05bebc50
  7. Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...

Downloads merged with D:/; "Restore Default" fails due to "Access Denied" for "D:\System...: These are the screenshots so you can get more of an Idea of what I'm saying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-merged-with-d-restore-default-fails-due/26aeb604-de99-4ce2-80ec-fd6c05bebc50
  8. OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...: In Windows 11, I was not signed into One Drive, I did not want to use it to backup my Documents folder.I only discovered by accident that my documents folder was contained inside the One Drive Drive path. I attempted to restore defaults but that generated an error message....
  9. OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...

OneDrive Documents folder is not successfully restored to Default after unlinking - how to...: In Windows 11, I was not signed into One Drive, I did not want to use it to backup my Documents folder.I only discovered by accident that my documents folder was contained inside the One Drive Drive path. I attempted to restore defaults but that generated an error message....
  10. Windows Defender Firewall will not allow me to restore default settings, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall will not allow me to restore default settings, how to fix?: When I try to restore to default settings it keeps saying Window Defender Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code 0x800706d9. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-will-not-allow-me-to/682f67b1-a885-4aae-84ef-9e82ed2d47af