Windows 10: Restore to Windows 10 OLD after a Fresh Start

Discus and support Restore to Windows 10 OLD after a Fresh Start in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did a fresh start for my Windows 10 computer. I have done that in the past to clean out all the junk I got added on, but when I did this it not only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dopey Dave, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Restore to Windows 10 OLD after a Fresh Start

I did a fresh start for my Windows 10 computer. I have done that in the past to clean out all the junk I got added on, but when I did this it not only removed all my old apps, but also many of the drivers. When I try to reinstall the drivers some fail to load. Is there any way I can go back to the previous version of Windows 10?

:)

Dopey Dave, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 19, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore to Windows 10 OLD after a Fresh Start [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Restore to Windows 10 OLD after a Fresh Start

installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Restore to Windows 10 OLD after a Fresh Start

1. Restore to Windows 10 OLD after a Fresh Start - Similar Threads - Restore OLD Fresh

2. Restoring games after windows fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring games after windows fresh install: So i recently had to do a steam fresh install on my ssd. I deleted all my data from my ssd but kept my games on the hard drive. Now, after a fresh install, when i open steam my games aren't there and it won't let me use my previous library folder from my hard drive. This is...
  3. making a fresh start after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    making a fresh start after windows 10 upgrade: I want to reset my laptop but i since windows 10 upgrade it seems i can't without a license or a product key. i own an HP pavilion razer 15 gaming laptop .I just got this laptop from my son and know nothing about it. im wanting to reset to learn from the begining. thank...
  4. Windows 10 Fresh Start

Windows 10 Fresh Start: All apps including Microsoft Office will be lost on a Windows 10 Fresh Start. I have Excel 2013 will I lose that also? Is there a workaround - I don't want to subscribe to Office 365? Thanks....
  5. Windows 10 fails to start properly after a fresh installation

Windows 10 fails to start properly after a fresh installation: I am working on a Dell Inspiron 11-3168 laptop. I replaced the hard drive today, since the original had failed. I am using the ISO package to install Windows 10 o the new hard drive. The installation works as expected. After the USB drive is removed, which contains the ISO...
  6. Problem after doing "fresh start" on windows 10 laptop

Problem after doing "fresh start" on windows 10 laptop: After doing a fresh start on a windows 10 laptop and logging in my desktop looks incomplete and I can't open anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-after-doing-fresh-start-on-windows-10/01b99f7a-0423-48b7-b5ef-80f60ea9f4dc
  7. Windows 10 fresh start error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fresh start error: My PC is running very slow. I’ve deleted apps and completed a disk clean but no joy. I ran “fresh start” but recieved the error “there was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made”. I tried to use the tool provided to check what went wrong but it says my admin...
  8. Windows 10 Fresh Start

Windows 10 Fresh Start: I have an Acer W4-820; I did a fresh start from Windows Defender Security Centre. I crashed half way through. no idea what it was doing. Luckily it rolled everything back and the tablet is now back to normal. I have two core dumps and an event log item who do I send them...
  9. Windows Updates problems after Fresh Start

Windows Updates problems after Fresh Start: Running Windows 10 Home Edition (since Fresh Start, it says Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.447). I've just spent hours backing up, opting for Fresh Restart and selecting the keep nothing option. I was actually intending to do a clean install from a media usb I created ages...
  10. Fresh Start Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fresh Start Windows 10: How to: Fresh Start Windows 10 How to Start Fresh with Clean up-to-date Installation of Windows 10 Using Fresh start lets you perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. Fresh start will remove...