Windows 10: Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen

Discus and support Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Is there any way of restoring to the older Windows 8 style start screen? I was able to do this in the previous iteration of the preview, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kurahk7, Feb 18, 2015.

1. kurahk7 Win User

Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen

Hi,

Is there any way of restoring to the older Windows 8 style start screen? I was able to do this in the previous iteration of the preview, but unable to do it on the current 9926.

Thanks

:)

kurahk7, Feb 18, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Feb 18, 2015
  3. Can I get the Windows 8 style Start screen in Windows 10?

I like the Start Screen from Windows 8/8.1, is it still there?

Andre Da Costa, Feb 18, 2015
  4. Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen

Hello kurahk7 the tutorial by Brink below will let you use the Windows 8 start screen.

**REMOVED**

IownAmoneyPit, Feb 18, 2015
  5. Mooly Win User
    I'm getting a message saying I have insufficient privileges to access the link in the above post.

Mooly, Jun 15, 2015
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    This link doe not work hare either - it may have been removed.

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen

1. Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen - Similar Threads - Restore style Start

2. Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11: Hello, I'm just wondering if there's any way to enable the full screen Start Screen that was once available in Windows 10's Start Menu settings. Windows 11 doesn't seem to have said option....
  3. Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11: Hello, I'm just wondering if there's any way to enable the full screen Start Screen that was once available in Windows 10's Start Menu settings. Windows 11 doesn't seem to have said option....
  4. Old style start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old style start menu: Is it possible to switch the current start menu back to the old style start menu ? If so, how can it be done ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-style-start-menu/80ed68cc-87ea-4c18-bb6f-5bdb226476ba
  5. Start Menu Apps fonts style

Start Menu Apps fonts style: i have recently changed windows 10 fonts style using registry editor but start menu Apps fonts style is not changed why? suggest if any method. i want to make my PC stylish...
  6. Bring back the Windows 8 Start Screen?

Bring back the Windows 8 Start Screen?: The Start Screen in Windows 8.1 is a masterpiece with its horisontal scroll and simplistic grouping. The Start Screen in Windows 10 is a mess with the mix of a Windows 7 style Start Menu and the vertical scroll of the tiles. Would there be any way to bring the Windows 8...
  7. Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10

Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10: Dear all, On my Asus UX305, I kept my Windows 8.1, because I actually like the Start Menu. I know that it is possible to have a similar setup in Windows 10, but it definitely does not look the same. Is there a way that I can edit the background of the Start Menu in...
  8. Restore Windows 8-style Bootloader after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Windows 8-style Bootloader after Windows 10 upgrade: For whatever reason after upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 last night, my dual boot disappeared and I had to use EasyBCD to get back my dual boot option (for dual booting between Windows 10 Insider Preview and now, the recently upgraded Windows 10 OS). When I used...
  9. Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style: When I open my start menu, it opens on tablet mode. My tablet mode is turned off. Help me please. What is happening: Screenshot 21323
  10. Desktop/Start Menu changed back to Windows 8 style?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop/Start Menu changed back to Windows 8 style?: My wife's laptop auto updated to Windows 10 last week and everything had been working perfectly until yesterday. Suddenly her desktop/start menu reverted from the new Windows 10 start menu to the old Windows 8.1 desktop. I did some searching and supposedly if you go through...