Windows 10: Restore "Turn Windows features on or off" to default settings?

Discus and support Restore "Turn Windows features on or off" to default settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I was trying to optimize my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 21H1 so it could have the same security features as Windows 11 see this article:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by averyweber, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Restore "Turn Windows features on or off" to default settings?

Hi,I was trying to optimize my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 21H1 so it could have the same security features as Windows 11 see this article: https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-11-has-advanced-hardware-security-heres-how-to-get-it-in-windows-10-today/. It seems I accidentally clicked a box or two in the "turn windows features on or off" app, so I'm wondering how I can get my computer back to its default settings without having to reset it. I don't remember which boxes were and weren't check-marked originally.Thanks

:)

averyweber, Sep 21, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Restore "Turn Windows features on or off" to default settings? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 21, 2021
  3. Win 10 Pro 64x: under Turn Windows features on or off, what are the default features?

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

When you will open the Windows features window the options in front of which there is a check mark then those options are turned on by default. You may refer to the steps provided below to open Windows feature on.

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type appwiz.cpl
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Now check the list and see the option in front of which there is a check mark.

For example Internet explorer, media features, Print to PDF etc.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 21, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Restore "Turn Windows features on or off" to default settings?

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

Restore "Turn Windows features on or off" to default settings?

1. Restore "Turn Windows features on or off" to default settings? - Similar Threads - Restore Turn features

2. Default turn windows feature on or off for windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default turn windows feature on or off for windows 11: Please can anyone send me a picture of the entire turn windows features on or off for windows 11 including the+'s, thanks. And I have checked the ones that have previously been sent here but they are either not complete or not for windows 11....
  3. Default turn windows feature on or off for windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default turn windows feature on or off for windows 11: Please can anyone send me a picture of the entire turn windows features on or off for windows 11 including the+'s, thanks. And I have checked the ones that have previously been sent here but they are either not complete or not for windows 11....
  4. Windows 11 Default turn windows features on or off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Default turn windows features on or off: So one day I wanted to test out the turn windows features on or off in windows 11 and of course I instantly tried turning everything on, it was slow and I went back there to reset the settings, only for me to realize that theres no "reset to default settings" button and now...
  5. Windows 11 Default turn windows features on or off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Default turn windows features on or off: So one day I wanted to test out the turn windows features on or off in windows 11 and of course I instantly tried turning everything on, it was slow and I went back there to reset the settings, only for me to realize that theres no "reset to default settings" button and now...
  6. 'Turn windows feature on or off'- What are the system default settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Turn windows feature on or off'- What are the system default settings?: I want to know how to restore system default settings of 'Turn windows features on or off'. I just messed up with some of these settings and I don't remember exactly what I changed. So now I want to reset or restore these settings to system default as it came with the...
  7. Window 10 feature on and off default settings help

Window 10 feature on and off default settings help: Im freaking out an little i accidentally mess with my window feature on or off section and i wanted to put it back on default settings system im on i really dont have a clue but i say the latest...
  8. Windows Feature Default Settings

Windows Feature Default Settings: Hi, Please may I have the Default Settings for Microsoft Windows 10 Home Operating System OS Build 19041.329 Version 2004 I may have turned something on or off now I cannot use certain Apps like Manager, WhatsApp Desktop and a few others. I have a Dell Inspiron Intel...
  9. Turn windows features on or off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn windows features on or off: Every time i try to play this one game one my computer a message pops up. “An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: Collecting feature detail.” Under it shows “-> Install this feature”(which is gray and not clickable) and “-> Skip this installation”(thats blue...
  10. Is system restore be default turned off in windows 10 enterprise

Is system restore be default turned off in windows 10 enterprise: I have installed windows 10 on the machine and system restore is disabled ? is it by desgin that system restore is disabled and we would have to enable it via GPO or maually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn windows features on or off default settings windows 11

2. windows on of feature to default

3. windows features default settings

4. windows features default,
  5. how to make windows features default