Windows 10: Restore uninstalled Java files

Discus and support Restore uninstalled Java files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wanted to install the new Java SE 12 sdk on my computer so I tried to uninstall the older Java sdk on my computer. When I go to install the new Java... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GenevieveCrowe, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Restore uninstalled Java files

I wanted to install the new Java SE 12 sdk on my computer so I tried to uninstall the older Java sdk on my computer. When I go to install the new Java 12 version, I accept the license agreement and am given the option of downloading the 64 bit file with either the .exe extension or the .zip extension. I am wondering why I am being given both choices and cannot find a way to see exactly what I uninstalled yesterday. I have only been offered the .exe extension previously. Is this a new Java format or did I accidentally uninstall too many Java programs?

:)

GenevieveCrowe, Aug 21, 2019
  2. topckit Win User

Uninstall JAVA program-How?

In most cases, Windows Add/Remove Applet Program can not help pc users to completely uninstall & remove stubborn programs and applications. It seems that you have to successfully remove the related settings and files of JAVA. It’s not hard to
    uninstall Java from your computer, but it’s not simple to uninstall it completely.

To uninstall JAVA totally, you nee to clean up the related files in computer registry with these steps:

1.Go to Start and then Run.

2.Type in regedit in the edit field.

3.Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/uninstall

4. Under this uninstall, you will find many registry entries within curly brackets.

The registry keys for Java will have a value name that includes Java2 for example: Java2 SDK,SEv1.4.1_02.

• Highlight the Java registry key you want. Right click on the registry key and choose delete. Confirm the delete and click Yes.
    • Restart your Add/Remove Programs to see if the Java icon is gone.
    If you are not familiar with pc registry, it is not recommended to do any changes in registry. In order to uninstall JAVA safely and thoroughly, you can turn to a mighty uninstaller for help.

topckit, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

"Reinstall or update Java Runtime Environment

If you can’t run jar files on your Windows 10 PC, you might need to reinstall Java Runtime Environment. To do that, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.

When the Settings app opens, go to the System section. Now, choose Apps & features from the left pane.

Locate Java from the list and choose the Uninstall option.

After doing that, navigate to Java’s website and download the latest version of the software. Once installed, check if the problem is resolved. Keep in mind that it’s not mandatory that you remove your previous Java installation, so you can skip that step and
    just install the latest version on top.

Java will also automatically check for updates, and if updates are available you’ll get a notification. To update Java, simply click the notification and choose the Update option. Now follow the instructions to complete the update"

More details here:

https://windowsreport.com/jar-files-not-opening...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DouglasMillar69, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Restore uninstalled Java files

Should I uninstall Java? If so, how?

I found Java in Programs and Features, and note that right click will uninstall. However, I do not know if any of my programs use it. If I uninstall, and something doesn't work right, is it difficult to reinstall? Any suggestions about this?

Robin Faye, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Restore uninstalled Java files

1. Restore uninstalled Java files - Similar Threads - Restore uninstalled Java

2. How to uninstall command Java in Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall command Java in Intune: Hi,I am IT Support for the company and we received the news about the following changes that had been made by Oracle for licence purpose with Java application. I have now complete the setup intunwin file of Java into Intune, so that I can use the deployment to uninstall Java...
  3. How to uninstall command Java in Intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall command Java in Intune: Hi,I am IT Support for the company and we received the news about the following changes that had been made by Oracle for licence purpose with Java application. I have now complete the setup intunwin file of Java into Intune, so that I can use the deployment to uninstall Java...
  4. I can't uninstall an old Java file. I was trying to download a new version of Java but it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't uninstall an old Java file. I was trying to download a new version of Java but it...: does anybody know how to fix this. I can't delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-uninstall-an-old-java-file-i-was-trying-to/b8b6be44-3670-4392-b09d-90f6eea770f4
  5. I can't uninstall an old Java file. I was trying to download a new version of Java but it...

I can't uninstall an old Java file. I was trying to download a new version of Java but it...: does anybody know how to fix this. I can't delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-uninstall-an-old-java-file-i-was-trying-to/b8b6be44-3670-4392-b09d-90f6eea770f4
  6. WinRAR and java files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WinRAR and java files: I have WinRAR installed, but it automatically associates .jar files as WinRAR files. Everybody says check .JAR files in integrations, but that doesn't work for me. Anybody know how to fix? submitted by /u/Greenwing393 [link] [comments]...
  7. Java files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Java files: I've been trying to install resource packs and shaders for Minecraft on Java but everytime I try to download the file, it makes me choose an app or browser that runs the .jar file without installing it. Is there a way to fix because I have been looking everywhere and I cannot...
  8. Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.: I like playing Minecraft, and I like to play with friends. So I tried to download the sever.jar file and it downloaded a download but, when I wnt to open this file it brought me to internet explorer manage download files page. It asked me if I wanted to save, open, or save...
  9. Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.: I like playing Minecraft, and I like to play with friends. So I tried to download the sever.jar file and it downloaded a download but, when I wnt to open this file it brought me to internet explorer manage download files page. It asked me if I wanted to save, open, or save...
  10. Restoring uninstalled Apps.

Restoring uninstalled Apps.: My Apps were removed when I reset my PC. I have a list of them. How do I reinstall these Apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-uninstalled-apps/191490b0-5a33-4fcd-8c72-9b6d9b720c96

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i accidentally uninstalled minecraft and my files are not appearing java