Windows 10: Restore user profile accidentally deleted

Discus and support Restore user profile accidentally deleted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to delete my secondary user account and I accidentally deleted both of them. I lost almost everything. Is there any way it can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sumscio, May 10, 2019.

1. sumscio Win User

Restore user profile accidentally deleted

Hi,

I tried to delete my secondary user account and I accidentally deleted both of them. I lost almost everything. Is there any way it can be recovered? with the previous settings and all that?

I do not have a restore back up date.

None of the files I had on my desktop are in the recycle bin either :/

I would need a way to restore this particular user account to recover the same settings and everything on it if possible

Thank you

:)

sumscio, May 10, 2019

2. Accidentally deleted user account - urgent need to restore WIndows 10

I accidentally deleted the user account that I was using (not admin) and now can't fix the issue.

So, I followed these instructions (sort of):

• Step 2: Choose Change your account name.
    • Step 3: Type a new name in the box and tap Change Name.
    • Step 1: Open Run by Windows+R, enter lusrmgr.msc and hit OK to open Local Users and Groups.
    • Step 2: Open the Users folder, right-click a user and select Rename in the menu.

I renamed the user. But then, stupid me, it didn't change it when I checked the start menu. So I then, instead of changing the name back, I deleted that user (which I was actually logged in as - it didn't ask for a password or anything either). It then removed
    it from the list (there was a list of 3 items to choose from - Administrator, Guest , and the account I was using. I deleted that account (Liam it was called)

I then stupidly decided to log off and restarted the computer. I then tried to login, and the user account it came up with was Liam - but obvsiouly as I'd deleted the user, when I typed in the password nothing happened). But because I deleted that user in
    the way above, it seems to have gone completely. What can I do to restore it?

I've tried system restore but it fails. So can't get back to a restore point.

It's a bit of a pickle really as it's an important user account on my work network and has folders on it that we need to function. I can't access the pc via another, as when I click 'Liam' it just can't connect, says it can't find it. I think what I've done
    has really broken the computer....

Any help will be gratefully received.

BobSturgess, May 10, 2019
  3. Accidental user folder deletion

Hi Spartan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

While deleting the old user account did you get any prompt to save the data of the user account?

Let’s check if you have the old user account folder present in the location C:\ Users. If you have it there, follow the steps given in this link to retrieve the data from the old user account to the new user account.

Fix a corrupted user profile .Also applicable for Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

If you don’t have the old user account folder name listed in C:\Users try to perform System Restore and check if that helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click
      System
    • Click System Protection
    • Click System Restore and click Next
    Choose a restore time when you think it was working fine. If you do not see any date when you think it was working fine, you click to check the box at the bottom which says, "Show more restore points".

Select a date and follow the instructions

Important: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you have installed after that date are removed.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 10, 2019
  4. Restore user profile accidentally deleted

Accidentally deleted user profile

Hi

I was manually deleting a previous laptop owner’s user profile yet somehow my own and current profile was deleted even though i did not select it, and even thougj windows categorically states it cannot be done whilst logged into it, which i was.

My questions are:

1) how did this occur and how do i prevent it happening again? (because i still want to delete the previous owner’s user profile)

2) how do i delete the previous iser profle without deleting or corrupting anything else?

celtic_chieftain, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Restore user profile accidentally deleted

1. Restore user profile accidentally deleted - Similar Threads - Restore user profile

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  4. Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery: When I bought my laptop MSI gf 63 thin it had pre installed windows 11 and when I booted this laptop for the first time it asked me to sign-in so I did the old account I made using Gmail was my old phone number like *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and it became...
  5. Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery

Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery: When I bought my laptop MSI gf 63 thin it had pre installed windows 11 and when I booted this laptop for the first time it asked me to sign-in so I did the old account I made using Gmail was my old phone number like *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and it became...
  6. Delete User Profile

Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  7. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  8. Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally delete deleted profile .bak file: Yeah so I feel like a complete idiot right now. I got the temp profile issue and meant to delete the non .bak, but deleted the bak on accident. What should I do? submitted by /u/colepher2 [link] [comments]...
  9. Accidentally Deleted User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally Deleted User: I am using a new computer, and I am new to Windows. I accidentally deleted the user using Windows key + R, and then "control userpasswords2". I thought I had renamed my user, but now I cannot run or open any file. I went back to user account doing the same method, but there...
  10. Accidentally deleted user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally deleted user profile: Hi I was manually deleting a previous laptop owner’s user profile yet somehow my own and current profile was deleted even though i did not select it, and even thougj windows categorically states it cannot be done whilst logged into it, which i was. My questions are: 1)...