Windows 10: Restore using Windows 7 Backup and Restore

Discus and support Restore using Windows 7 Backup and Restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do i restore from a single drive computer to my new machine with a SSD and a large seperate data drive? The backup was made with Windows 7 backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MerlinAma, Mar 19, 2019.

1. MerlinAma Win User

Restore using Windows 7 Backup and Restore

How do i restore from a single drive computer to my new machine with a SSD and a large seperate data drive? The backup was made with Windows 7 backup and restore option.

:)

MerlinAma, Mar 19, 2019
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Restore using Windows 7 Backup and Restore

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Restore using Windows 7 Backup and Restore

1. Restore using Windows 7 Backup and Restore - Similar Threads - Restore using Backup

2. Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to restore files backed up using "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool: Hello. I used the "Windows 7 Backup and Restore" tool to create a system back-up of my Windows 10 on an external hard drive:After I had to reinstall Windows, I attempted to restore these files; however, I see the message, "Windows could not find a backup for this computer."...
  3. Windows 7 Backup/Restore question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 7 Backup/Restore question: I have used this program for some time but need to clarify 2 questions: 1.- Does it perform incremental or differential backups? I have read that it does only incremental, however after every backup I notice that changed files are available in their entirety, which would...
  4. Windows 7 backup/restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 backup/restore: I use this backup option on weekdays. Unfortunately the app does not allow skipping weekend days. Is there a way to automatically limit backups to weekdays? Thanks for any help....
  5. Windows 7 backup&restore on W10

Windows 7 backup&restore on W10: The backup&restore program is looking for a file that does not exist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-backuprestore-on-w10/a913b9b8-3e1b-42d6-804e-b0fb8ff43bc0
  6. Windows 10 Backup using windows 7 backup and restore option issue

Windows 10 Backup using windows 7 backup and restore option issue: I have 1 TB hard disk on my pc i decided to use windows 7 backup and restore option to backup things incase anything happens to be able to recover my data so i went to disk managment and partition my harddrive into 2 parts : Local Disk D 900GB and Recovery E 100GB went to...
  7. Backup and Restore Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore Windows 7?: I installed Windows 10 29Jul2105, and that day I created a System Image Backup on both computers. On Sunday , on the desktop of both computers, I found a folder named Windows 7, created 02Aug2015; I have no idea how thye were created. A short while ago, I opened Control...
  8. Use File History or Win 7 Backup & Restore?

Use File History or Win 7 Backup & Restore?: I've been using Backup & Restore on some Win 7 systems but now I have added a new Win 10 PC (from HP). It's not entirely clear to me why I would use the Win 10 File History facility versus Win 7 Backup & Restore. File History looks like a partial backup. I'd prefer a full...
  9. Backup and Restore (Windows 7) Questions

Backup and Restore (Windows 7) Questions: I created 2 disk images using Backup and Restore (Windows 7) I*renamed the first images folder*using the date. But, when I boot into the repair disc and choose select another image, I don't see the folder name. I'm not quit sure which one I would be restoring. Can...
  10. Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

Backup and Restore (Windows 7): My PC originally came with XP (OEM). My upgrade procedure was to install an SSD and load 8.1 on that. When booting for the first time, I was surprised but pleased to see that I had the choice of 8.1 or XP. Subsequently, I opted to upgrade to Win 10 and that worked in the same...