Windows 10: Restore Video Codecs for Windows 10

Discus and support Restore Video Codecs for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the title says how would I go about doing this. I really messed stuff up and it was cause I was trying to solve Indeo video drivers. I know I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EricFrendo-Cumbo, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Restore Video Codecs for Windows 10

As the title says how would I go about doing this. I really messed stuff up and it was cause I was trying to solve Indeo video drivers. I know I can do it with command prompt etc... I was still having a issue with the game it turns out the game has an issue cause of how its coded. Now one of the problems I have is I can't load a Divx 5 file into Magix Vegas Pro Edit 15. The videos load fine in other video players even ones associated with official Windows players. Also for some reason I can install the Indeo plugin using the "regsvr32 ir50_32.dll" command but I can't uninstall with the "regsvr32 /u ir50_32.dll" cause it gives me the following error

Restore Video Codecs for Windows 10 31fa7391-6363-4737-962f-c126f2102e48?upload=true.jpg

I originally used ffdshow, k-lite basic pack, and 007Shark Codecs both the Standard and Advanced packs. Of course this wasn't all at the same time I went from one to another.

:)

EricFrendo-Cumbo, Feb 14, 2019
  2. 23W
    23W Win User

How to restore default windows 10 video codecs

I installed XVID codec for working with video editor (Sony Vegas Pro). And "Movies & TV" app does not to show AVI with this code, now. After that I uninstalled XVID but Movies & TV still not shows AVI files, it plays only sound from video.

How can I restore default Windows codecs for Movies & TV app?

P.S.: Windows 10 build 1607 x64 version.

P.P.S.: Windows Media Player shows this files correctly.

3. Video import and play on Windows 10

Hi Russ Bristol,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you get any error message when you try to play imported videos in Windows media player?

• What is the format of the video files you try to play using Windows media player?
    Try these steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Step 1: Check the file type.

Check if the file type is supported in Windows Media Player 12. You may verify the information below. The information is more or less the same except for few file types such as H.264, Xvid and DivX video codecs, AAC audio<sup></sup>
    and 3GP, MP4 and MOV container formats that are natively supported by WMP 12.

Information about the Multimedia file types that Windows Media Player supports

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992/

Step 2: Download and install codec.

If the file type is supported by the Player, make sure the codec used to compress the file is installed on your computer. Some codec’s aren't supported by the Player.

Here’s how you can check for the codec of the file.

To do this, follow these steps in Windows Media Player 12:

• Determine whether the codec is installed on the computer that you are using to play the file. To do this, follow these steps:
    a. In the Now Playing area, right-click the file that you are trying to play, and then click
    Properties.

b. Click the File tab, note the codecs that are specified in the
    Audio codec and the Video codec areas, and then click
    OK. If the following condition is true, go to step 2.

No video codec is specified.

c. On the Help menu, click About Windows Media Player.

d. Click the Technical Support Information hyperlink.

e. Determine whether the video codec that you noted in step 1b is listed in the Video Codecs area. If the codec is not listed, go to step 2.

f. Try to reinstall the codec. If you cannot reinstall the codec, go to step 2.

g. Try to play the file. If you can play the file, go to step 3.

2. Install the codec.

To do this, follow the below steps:

a) If you receive an error message when you try to play the file, click
    Web Help. If you do not receive an error message when you try to play the file, go to step 3.

b) On the Microsoft Web site, click the link to the Wmplugins Web site. If this link is not present, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

c) Try to play the file. If you can play the file, skip step 3.

3. Obtain the codec from a external vendor. For information about your hardware manufacturer, visit the following Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/vendors/en-us

If your file format you have downloaded/imported is not supported in Windows Media Player. However use your favorite search engine to search for the application that converts the file to the format that Windows Media player supports.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Restore Video Codecs for Windows 10

Videos from windows 8.1 will not play since upgrading to windows 10....codec not found?...

Hi Jerry,

It would be great if you could answer the following questions:

• Which videos are you referring to?
    • What is the file format of the videos?
    • Which app are you using to play the videos?

A codec compresses or decompresses media files such as songs or videos. Windows Media Player and other apps use codecs to play and create media files.

A codec can consist of two parts: an encoder that compresses the media file (encoding), and a decoder that decompresses the file (decoding). Some codecs include both parts, and other codecs only include one of them.

For more information about Codes, please refer to the article:

Codecs: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...s#codecs-frequently-asked-questions=windows-8

The article is for Windows 8.1 but the information remains the same for Windows 10 operating system.

Please provide us more information to assist you further.

Rohit Siddegowda, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Restore Video Codecs for Windows 10

1. Restore Video Codecs for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Restore Video Codecs

2. Missing video codecs for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing video codecs for Windows 11: I've recently got a new laptop with W11 on. Mostly, things are fine, but on some videos that I play, when I choose to jump forward, it becomes scrambled for a few seconds before getting right again. I presume I'm missing a codec, but my player VLC and when looking if my...
  3. Missing video codecs for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing video codecs for Windows 11: I've recently got a new laptop with W11 on. Mostly, things are fine, but on some videos that I play, when I choose to jump forward, it becomes scrambled for a few seconds before getting right again. I presume I'm missing a codec, but my player VLC and when looking if my...
  4. video codecs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  5. video codecs

video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  6. VP9 Video Codec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  7. VP9 Video Codec

VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  8. codec for mp4 video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    codec for mp4 video: when i copy over a mp4 video from my pc to usb jump drive, i get this error message:Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.anyone knows how to solve this issue?...
  9. ?Codec? to watch video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ?Codec? to watch video: I cannot watch a video on my laptop windows 10 from the SD card from my camera . ?? I may need to add a "codec" WTH? is it free and can someone help me to put this on my computer please....
  10. Microsoft brings AV1 Video Codec support to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings AV1 Video Codec support to Windows 10: A couple of days ago, Microsoft released AV1 video codec app for Windows 10 devices. The application can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store for free. AV1 Video Codec extension is available for free and you can get it on all Windows 10 devices including the PC and Surface...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reset windows 10 video codec

2. iphone video codec for windows

3. video codec wmvideo decoder

4. imported video files from iphone missing codec,
  5. how to uninstall WMvideo decoder capcom ,
  6. undelete all indeo codecs on my computer,
  7. game wont run you need to install video codec wmvideo decoder,
  8. windows just asked me to buy the hevc codec,
  9. windows 10 video codec indeo,
  10. cant find codec files in W10,
  11. windows 10 codecs for iphone videos,