Windows 10: Restore Virus and Threat Protection in Windows 11

Discus and support Restore Virus and Threat Protection in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there,I had recently reset my PC to fix some weird boot issues. I chose the option to keep my files which reinstalled McAfee. I then uninstalled the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YEDU KRISHNA, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Restore Virus and Threat Protection in Windows 11

Hi there,I had recently reset my PC to fix some weird boot issues. I chose the option to keep my files which reinstalled McAfee. I then uninstalled the same using their MCPR tool and now I am unable to open Virus and Threat protection or even scan folders using context menu. I get the following popup:How do I restore it? I have tried resetting it via the Apps and Programs menu and also tried deleting the registry folder of Windows Defender, use the Powershell command: Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}as sugges

:)

YEDU KRISHNA, Mar 2, 2024
  2. gohan2091 Win User

Virus and Threat Protection Missing (Windows 11)

The Virus and Threat Protection part of Windows Security is not showing and I have tried various registry edits and commands to try and get this back and nothing has worked. Windows security menu shows this:
    Restore Virus and Threat Protection in Windows 11 400754d1700497172t-virus-threat-protection-missing-windows-11-a-screenshot-2023-11-20-161828.png
    When I click "Virus and threat protection" it shows this:
    Restore Virus and Threat Protection in Windows 11 400755d1700497234t-virus-threat-protection-missing-windows-11-a-screenshot-2023-11-20-161815.png
    I am the administrator and the sole user of my computer. Here is a screenshot of my Local Group Policy:
    Restore Virus and Threat Protection in Windows 11 400756d1700497429t-virus-threat-protection-missing-windows-11-a-screenshot-2023-11-20-162246.png
    I've ran sfc /scannow. I've also ran the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth commands. In Registry at "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender Security Center\Virus and threat protection" this folder (Virus and threat protection) did not exist but I made a DWORD32 called "UILockdown" and set it to 0. Here is the Powershell command "Get-MpComputerStatus" which says antivirus is active?
    Restore Virus and Threat Protection in Windows 11 400757d1700497726t-virus-threat-protection-missing-windows-11-a-screenshot-2023-11-20-162733.png
    I don't have any 3rd party antivirus applications installed. I've also a virus scan via some Microsoft scanner (MSERT.exe) and it didn't find any issues. Can anyone help please?

gohan2091, Mar 2, 2024
  3. JCH54 Win User
    virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Mar 2, 2024
  4. Restore Virus and Threat Protection in Windows 11

Windows 11 Virus & Protection | Page Not Found | Contact your IT Admin

Hi all, i am having trouble running a virus scan, my virus and protection is unable to launch.
    I have recently gotten a lenovo ideapad gaming laptop, running windows 11 pro and ever since i can not launch virus and protection.

I have followed the below steps, however i am still stuck with the same issue,

1. Run SFC and DISM
    2. Repair & Reset Windows Security
    3. Restart Windows Security Service ( unable to restart, option is greyed out)
    4. Check your Date and Time settings
    5. Turn on Virus and threat protection settings ( unable to as it isnt in windows security panel)
    6. Turn on Real-time protection ( same issue as above, it isnt available)
    7. Uninstall any other third-party antivirus
    8. Run a malware scan with ESET security
    9. Fix: Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection missing using Local Group Policy Editor
      1. Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows components\Windows Security\Virus and threat protection
      2. Select “Not Configured” or Disabled to show the Virus & threat protection in Windows Security.
    10. Using Registry Editor
      1. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender Security Center\Virus and threat protection
      2. Set the value to 0 to show. Or you can also delete “UILockdown” to show the Virus and threat protection.
    11. Use PowerShell
      1. Set-MpPreference -UILockdown 0
    Please could someone help me, i feel really compromised without the ability to access virus and protection settings.
    ( Note, the only other program which may have a conflict that i am running is lenovo vantage)

iyaadsaley, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

Restore Virus and Threat Protection in Windows 11

1. Restore Virus and Threat Protection in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Restore Virus Threat

2. Restore Virus and Threat Protection in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Virus and Threat Protection in Windows 11: Hi there,I had recently reset my PC to fix some weird boot issues. I chose the option to keep my files which reinstalled McAfee. I then uninstalled the same using their MCPR tool and now I am unable to open Virus and Threat protection or even scan folders using context menu....
  3. Virus and threat protection.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and threat protection.: I am unable to access the virus and threat protection in windows security. It says the IT administrator has blocked the virus page. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protection/c5a65ada-4cd2-433a-9b43-ac39b275cc35
  4. Virus & threat protection

Virus & threat protection: I am trying to disable Real-time protection, but I must first turn off Tamper protection. But when I try to do that, it says "This setting is managed by your administrator". I have tried going to Registry editor and changing some things, but it didn't work.I also tried...
  5. Virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection: hi guys I just temporary disable windows defender in win 11 as I was installing a pirated software and now my windows virus and security application wont work.... As soon as I click on virus and security A popup shows ....... Screenshot below help me make my win defender work...
  6. virus and threat protection

virus and threat protection: when i restart my virus and threat protection services, it says 'unexpected error, please try again later' every single time, and when i try and fix it and when i do, INSTEAD it says your threat protection is managed by your organization, and when i fix that, the other...
  7. virus & threat protections

virus & threat protections: what should I do when virus & threat protection is managed by your organisation show to me.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protections/9a1b01a3-2888-4b53-9381-8cf72537d8c2
  8. Virus threat protection

Virus threat protection: This is obviously connected to windows security. Without making any changes I have the following message appearing every 5-10 min. on my computer. Is this normal or virus ? [ATTACH]...
  9. Virus Threat Protection

Virus Threat Protection: Hello, I have really a question, why Microsoft thinks that I need protection? If I need protection I would get a subscription of any anti-virus any anti-malware any anti-trojan anti-whatever. Now I'm stuck with this feature that I have no control of I have disabled...
  10. virus and threat protections

virus and threat protections: when I open windows security , virus & threat protection is being managed by your organization, I don't have an organization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-and-threat-protections/40fdda5a-d544-4303-81d1-0b02ca6a1db5