Windows 10: Restore W-10 from W-8 MFG restore

Discus and support Restore W-10 from W-8 MFG restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Lenovo Yoga 13 that came with W-8 Had to do a restore to MFG, Windows 8. Can I download a W-10 iso and reinstall W-10??? Please Pretty please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cfourkays, Jul 31, 2017.

1. cfourkays Win User

Restore W-10 from W-8 MFG restore

Lenovo Yoga 13 that came with W-8
    Had to do a restore to MFG, Windows 8.
    Can I download a W-10 iso and reinstall W-10???
    Please
    Pretty please
    Desperate to get rid of 8.
    Also, have Insider Preview on other machine so I'm registered there.
    Figure if I can install the 10, I'll do the Insider later from the last iso.
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Jul 31, 2017

2. Tablet Windows don't restoring

'TABLET ' my update to W/10 was failure, so my device shut down and now start to restore to previous version W/8.1 , so it start to restoring and for a few minutes thenshut down, and start it self and start restoring again, this loop go on. Is been 8
    hours already.

Ployer-momo8w, Jul 31, 2017
  3. do not want 10

i just downloaded w-10 and idon,t like it i want to restore back to w-7

dannyrwilson, Jul 31, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Sure. Once a system has had W10 installed and activated, you can reinstall any time you like/need. The digital license resides on the MS servers.

simrick, Jul 31, 2017
  5. cfourkays Win User
    Wow, fastest answer ever.
    I thought so.
    I'll download the latest IP Build iso and go from there.
    Many thanks.
    Pete

cfourkays, Jul 31, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    Cheers! *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Restore W-10 from W-8 MFG restore - Similar Threads - Restore MFG restore

2. W-10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W-10: Установил и активировал В 10 и теперь сожалею об этом,работает медленно и часто слетает активация,ошибок не находит. У меня достаточно хороший комп. и нет ни желания ни средств из за плохо работающей программы менять его. Весь этот переход на десятку очень похож на...
  3. Upgrade w 7 to W 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade w 7 to W 10: Hello, Cannot upgrade w 7 to w 10 getrs locked to infinite 0 does not move even after severasl hours akso try differently by placing the ESO on the desktop and uploading after, still the same result How can this work normally ? Please hlep Thank you...
  4. Restore Windows 10 OS w/o deleting files and programs?

Restore Windows 10 OS w/o deleting files and programs?: My Windows 10 OS on my SSD main drive crapped out after installing a new Windows 10 update. Can no longer boot from this drive. Tried to reinstall the OS from a Windows Install disk, but it will not permit me to do this, since the SSD is partitioned with an MBR. Is there a...
  5. Updating W 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating W 10: Does anyone know how the windows updating will be done on 10? Will we have a choice to update or not. 3930
  6. System Restore won't open with MS Acct p/w

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore won't open with MS Acct p/w: Thanks for the input. I solved the problem by using an OLD MS Account p/w. I don't understand why using System Restore to restore would not have the same MS Acct. p/w that is used to sign in with.
  7. Need to restore W-10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to restore W-10: I was in FB, it was freezing up. I asked for help. It said to go to 3 marks in right corner, and to tools, and then to settings, and somehow it looked right, and I had to ask to cleanup things, and I said all old back to beginning, like it said cookies, and more. I thought...
  8. Moving to new computer w win10Pro - restore 2007 OneNote notebooks?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Moving to new computer w win10Pro - restore 2007 OneNote notebooks?: I am moving to a new computer w win 10Pro OS. I am moving from a win 7Pro OS. Will my Office 2007 suite be installed in win 10 in the same location as it was in win 7? Is the file hierarchy identical to win7? The reason I ask: I will be reinstalling my old Office...
  9. Wiped all partitions want to restore W 10

Wiped all partitions want to restore W 10: When I first got this PC I like many others Windows 10 started updating. Long story short things got more fouled up the more I tried to fix them. HP was nice enough to send me a recovery USB which my PC would boot to but not open or load from. Prior to all of this I had made...
  10. Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1

Upgrade to W 10 from W 8 NOT W 8.1: I have a silly problem. I run W 8 on my desktop computer but have never been able to upgrade to W 8.1 as I have never been able to open Windows Store, despite multiple solutions none of which have worked. The only solution of reinstalling W 8 has not appealed! I am happy with...