Windows 10: restore win 10 after reset

Discus and support restore win 10 after reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Win10 activation keys are not in my Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tlca41, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Tlca41 Win User

restore win 10 after reset

My Win10 activation keys are not in my Microsoft account

:)

Tlca41, Jan 24, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

restore win 10 after reset [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Megahertz Win User
    Questions about doing a reset to my OEM Win 10

Navy, does Restore "Restore Factory Settings" keeps the users data?
    Shawn gave me this link Refresh Windows 10
    It's almost the same as Reset.

Naknir, witch one of the following did you use:

- - - Updated - - -

My suggestion:
    - Save all your data on an external disk
    - Reboot and enter BIOS. It should have a option to Factory Restore.

Megahertz, Dec 16, 2019
  4. restore win 10 after reset

Unable to reset Win 10

I wasn't able to reset my computer after I upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10.

My computer is HP envy 23 touch smart.

I tried system restore and startup repair, got a message indicated "WDF_violation".

I also tried to restart the computer from a recovery disc on a USB hard drive which I created with Win 8. (I have successfully reset my computer with the same recovery disc before when my computer was still running under Win 8)

But it didn't work either. Computer just restarted right back to win 10. It won't even read the hard drive.

I also repeated the same steps under the safe mode but it still didn't work.

Ran out the options here. Any suggestions?

Thanks

bigsquare88, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

restore win 10 after reset

1. restore win 10 after reset - Similar Threads - restore reset

2. Difference between "remove everything" and "restore factory settings" on Windows 10 reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Difference between "remove everything" and "restore factory settings" on Windows 10 reset?: Today my laptop was infected by some kind of malware that sometimes pops some ad browsers when I'm using Chrome so I decided to completely reset my Windows 10. At the reset screen it shows 3 options: - keep the files - remove everything - restore factory settings Obviously I...
  3. Why can't I get Windows 10 to start OR to reset my PC OR to roll back to a restore point?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I get Windows 10 to start OR to reset my PC OR to roll back to a restore point?: I have a Dell Inspiron 15R notebook that I bought in 2012. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Win 7 shortly after Win 10 became available. I have installed all Windows 10 updates. I used the laptop all day at a meeting on 2-26-2020, and as I was shutting it down, the laptop...
  4. After Windows 10 Update, PC is dead, can't restore, can't reset, can't run chkdsk, help

After Windows 10 Update, PC is dead, can't restore, can't reset, can't run chkdsk, help: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 on a PC with an i7 Sandy Bridge chip. 16GB RAM, GTX video card. During a recent update, i think the power cycled in my house during it, and now the PC won't start. I can get into the BIOS and the repair screen, but i can't do anything else...
  5. Cannot restore my computer to factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot restore my computer to factory reset.: I really dont know where to begin but basically i was trying to hard reset my computer The computer is the Steammachine and it gave me an error that i cannot restart my computer because of an error. I do have a prompt telling me that windows resource protection found corrupt...
  6. Windows 10 Reset & Restore Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Reset & Restore Settings: Hello everyone! So I was having problems with something so I had to reset my windows using the media software. So I made a backup drive and reset the it. After it was over some of the softwares and shortcuts were messed up, and the settings were reset as well. I was wondering...
  7. Can't reset computer with recovery option (F11) or restore this

Can't reset computer with recovery option (F11) or restore this: Hi. My brother has a problem with his W10 computer because of an update. His computer restart in loop saying with a black screen "cancelling changes made to your computer. When he uses F11, Windows asks for his Microsoft account's password (which is correct) but the computer...
  8. Restoring Pictures after reset

Restoring Pictures after reset: I was encountering numerous blue screens today so I reset my drive with windows on it. In my haste I forgot to back up my photos and have since deleted them however, I have been using "Piriform Recuva" and it shows all my previous photos but when I try to open the restored...
  9. Critical process died. Restoring fails. Unable to Reset. Unable to start in safe mode

Critical process died. Restoring fails. Unable to Reset. Unable to start in safe mode: My system is running on win 10 build 1909 with GTX 1050Ti card. From yesterday, the system started crashing often, I thought it will be some graphics driver issue and I reinstalled it. Still it was crashing and after that the BSOD screen with error "Critical process died"...
  10. Stuck in BSOD Critical Process Died and unable to reset, restore, or reinstall Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in BSOD Critical Process Died and unable to reset, restore, or reinstall Win 10: Ugh! Running Win 10 (I think Home edition, but not certain because I had a new hard drive installed a couple of months ago). 64-bit. 3 days ago the computer did an update over night. In the morning, I was unable to see either of my monitors, which were plugged into the...