Windows 10: restore win 10 after reset

Discus and support restore win 10 after reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Win10 activation keys are not in my Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tlca41, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Tlca41 Win User

restore win 10 after reset

My Win10 activation keys are not in my Microsoft account

:)

Tlca41, Jan 24, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

restore win 10 after reset [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Megahertz Win User
    Questions about doing a reset to my OEM Win 10

Navy, does Restore "Restore Factory Settings" keeps the users data?
    Shawn gave me this link Refresh Windows 10
    It's almost the same as Reset.

Naknir, witch one of the following did you use:

- - - Updated - - -

My suggestion:
    - Save all your data on an external disk
    - Reboot and enter BIOS. It should have a option to Factory Restore.

Megahertz, Dec 16, 2019
  4. restore win 10 after reset

Unable to reset Win 10

I wasn't able to reset my computer after I upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10.

My computer is HP envy 23 touch smart.

I tried system restore and startup repair, got a message indicated "WDF_violation".

I also tried to restart the computer from a recovery disc on a USB hard drive which I created with Win 8. (I have successfully reset my computer with the same recovery disc before when my computer was still running under Win 8)

But it didn't work either. Computer just restarted right back to win 10. It won't even read the hard drive.

I also repeated the same steps under the safe mode but it still didn't work.

Ran out the options here. Any suggestions?

Thanks

bigsquare88, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

restore win 10 after reset

1. restore win 10 after reset - Similar Threads - restore reset

2. how do i restore my photos after my bitlocker system reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i restore my photos after my bitlocker system reset?: I had a bitlocker alert come up and it wouldnt let me get into my computer and once i reset my computer all my photos were lost, when i say reset , it had to be a factory reset and now ive lost all my photos which a lot of them were very important...
  3. how do i restore my photos after my bitlocker system reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i restore my photos after my bitlocker system reset?: I had a bitlocker alert come up and it wouldnt let me get into my computer and once i reset my computer all my photos were lost, when i say reset , it had to be a factory reset and now ive lost all my photos which a lot of them were very important...
  4. how do i restore my photos after my bitcoin lock system reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i restore my photos after my bitcoin lock system reset?: I had a bitcoin lock and once i reset my computer all my photos were lost, when i say reset , it had to be a factory reset and now ive lost all my photos which a lot of them were very important...
  5. how do i restore my photos after my bitcoin lock system reset?

how do i restore my photos after my bitcoin lock system reset?: I had a bitcoin lock and once i reset my computer all my photos were lost, when i say reset , it had to be a factory reset and now ive lost all my photos which a lot of them were very important...
  6. Restoring a user account after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring a user account after factory reset: I have a computer with me as the main user, and my son as a secondary user. He recently did a factory reset on the computer. I've restored my account to the computer, but when I try to add his account as a secondary user, windows tells me his account is already on the...
  7. Restoring a user account after factory reset

Restoring a user account after factory reset: I have a computer with me as the main user, and my son as a secondary user. He recently did a factory reset on the computer. I've restored my account to the computer, but when I try to add his account as a secondary user, windows tells me his account is already on the...
  8. Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss: In January, Windows installed a stack update to my PC which broke my mouse drivers. My mouse I tried 3 different devices is randomly intermittently left- and right-clicking in the bottom left-middle of the main display screen. This has caused settings to be changed, items to...
  9. Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss: In January, Windows installed a stack update to my PC which broke my mouse drivers. My mouse I tried 3 different devices is randomly intermittently left- and right-clicking in the bottom left-middle of the main display screen. This has caused settings to be changed, items to...
  10. Mouse drivers broken, reset PC, lost files, restore points missing, I'm at a loss