Windows 10: Restore Win 10 Pro after machine replaced under warranty

Discus and support Restore Win 10 Pro after machine replaced under warranty in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Back in March I bought Win 10 Pro for a machine I've had replaced under warranty. Obviously the new machine doesn't have Win 10 Pro, and the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sajberjens, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Restore Win 10 Pro after machine replaced under warranty

Back in March I bought Win 10 Pro for a machine I've had replaced under warranty. Obviously the new machine doesn't have Win 10 Pro, and the old machine is gone. How can I activate Pro on my new machine without buying a whole new one?

Thanks!

:)

sajberjens, Jul 14, 2020
  2. JAS888 Win User

"Windows 10 Pro for Workstations" and Surface replacement warranties?

Through the Windows Store. Please note on the Surface under warranty I have reinstalled the Windows 10 Pro for Workstations multiple times as part of Microsoft's Insider Program, always having to go through the "Store" unless I do a "Reset this PC." I
    have done that on multiple Surface tablets, no issues in that regard. The issue is when a Surface under warranty has Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, needs replacing the digital license HAS NO WAY OF BEING TRANFERED TO THE NEW REPLACEMENT.

JAS888, Jul 14, 2020
  3. ChadBonk Win User
    Installing New Hard Drive To Replace one under warranty

Recently I replaced a hard drive under warranty. 2GB WD. I received in it in the mail, hooked it up with a sata to USB cable to copy everything off the bad drive before I installed the new one. I formatted it, and created a (GPT Protective Partition) Upon completion of the transfer, I installed it in the machine. I cant see the internal drive in explorer .... but I can see it in Disk Mgmt and in Bios. I can't intialize it. The only option it gives is me is to convert it to a dynamic disk, that in which when I do... it errors back that I don't have enough space. Suggestions?

Restore Win 10 Pro after machine replaced under warranty [​IMG]

Restore Win 10 Pro after machine replaced under warranty [​IMG]

The drive also comes up that it has 100% Free Disk space... which I hope is untrue being that it hasn't been intialized and fully read yet. Worst case... I can format it and start from scratch since I have the other drive to copy from again. However, I don't see an option to do that either. Any help is greatly appreciated!

ChadBonk, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Restore Win 10 Pro after machine replaced under warranty

Why does HP and other retailers still sell win7/8.1 and upgrade to win10? what happens if the mb is replaced by warranty after 1 year?

actually, the new motherboard from warranty service replacement also has an OEM key.

this year alone, I am in the third year of warranty for a hp elite 8300, the motherboard was replaced. I had to perform an upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 for the 2nd time then perform a restore from image backup of my harddisk.

(

step 1: image harddisk containing win10 upgraded from win8)

step 2: install win 8

step 3: upgrade win 8 to win10, activate

step 4, restore harddisk from image

)

the point being, this procedure will no longer be applicable once the free upgrade period is expired.

ie: if a buy a hp/dell pc right now that only comes with win7/8.1, in the 2nd year of warranty, i no longer can upgrade from win7/win8.1 after the warranty replacement of a motherboard)

loupgarou24., Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Restore Win 10 Pro after machine replaced under warranty

1. Restore Win 10 Pro after machine replaced under warranty - Similar Threads - Restore Pro machine

2. Windows 11 Pro activation issues after Intel NUC warranty replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro activation issues after Intel NUC warranty replacement: Hi - I had an RMA replacement of my Intel NUC. I retained the ssd and memory and have successfully added them back on the replacement NUC. However I now see a Windows Activation error - "Windows reported that the hardware has changed 0xC004F211 ". If I run the troubleshooter...
  3. Windows 11 Pro activation issues after Intel NUC warranty replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro activation issues after Intel NUC warranty replacement: Hi - I had an RMA replacement of my Intel NUC. I retained the ssd and memory and have successfully added them back on the replacement NUC. However I now see a Windows Activation error - "Windows reported that the hardware has changed 0xC004F211 ". If I run the troubleshooter...
  4. Windows 10 Pro N For Workstations Activation after the hardware replacement warranty

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Pro N For Workstations Activation after the hardware replacement warranty: On my previous laptop I had local administrator account Tiger. I have used Windows Store for buying Windows and then upgrade to Workstations under my email. Please help me activate windows 10 pro n and then upgrading it to workstation version. I have all versions of windows...
  5. Windows 10 Pro N For Workstations Activation after the hardware replacement warranty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro N For Workstations Activation after the hardware replacement warranty: On my previous laptop I had local administrator account Tiger. I have used Windows Store for buying Windows and then upgrade to Workstations under my email. Please help me activate windows 10 pro n and then upgrading it to workstation version. I have all versions of windows...
  6. Windows 10 Pro N For Workstations Activation after the hardware replacement warranty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. mouse 1359 under warranty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse 1359 under warranty: mouse battery clip has fallen out wont stay inplace https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-1359-under-warranty/440f1ba1-9bd0-4b77-a231-d142e99e9702
  8. mouse 1359 under warranty

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse 1359 under warranty: mouse battery clip has fallen out wont stay inplace https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-1359-under-warranty/440f1ba1-9bd0-4b77-a231-d142e99e9702
  9. Replacing fail motherboard under win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing fail motherboard under win 10: Motherboard failed and was replaced with identical new one using the old CPU. Will windows 10 still be activated? Or will I have troubles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-fail-motherboard-under-win-10/dab855d1-8a08-4451-aa3b-81d3964157ba
  10. Installing New Hard Drive To Replace one under warranty

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing New Hard Drive To Replace one under warranty: Recently I replaced a hard drive under warranty. 2GB WD. I received in it in the mail, hooked it up with a sata to USB cable to copy everything off the bad drive before I installed the new one. I formatted it, and created a (GPT Protective Partition) Upon completion of the...