Windows 10: Restore Windows 10 boot after replacing main hard drive.

Discus and support Restore Windows 10 boot after replacing main hard drive. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 on a secondary SSD in my laptop which I added later, while the EFI partition is still on the main HDD. Now the old HDD has bad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CAE_, Jul 9, 2018.

1. CAE_ Win User

Restore Windows 10 boot after replacing main hard drive.

I installed Windows 10 on a secondary SSD in my laptop which I added later, while the EFI partition is still on the main HDD. Now the old HDD has bad tracks and I replaced it with a new SSD. Since the EFI partition is gone with the HDD, the laptop won't boot anymore. I do have Windows 10 installation media on a USB stick. How to create partition to the new SSD and add EFI information in it so that Windows can boot again?

:)

CAE_, Jul 9, 2018
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Restore Windows 10 boot after replacing main hard drive.

Windows 10, Occasional Error, No Hard Drive, after Hard Drive Replacement

Hi,

System corruption can cause issues detecting your computer's hard drive. For us to properly investigate on your concern, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• On which cases do you receive the startup error?
    • Aside from replacing the hard drive, have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you tried plugging in the replaced hard drive to another computer to check if the same thing occurs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Restore Windows 10 boot after replacing main hard drive.

1. Restore Windows 10 boot after replacing main hard drive. - Similar Threads - Restore boot replacing

2. No Boot Device after Replacing Broken Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Boot Device after Replacing Broken Hard Drive: After 8 months, West Digital Hard Drive on my refurbished Dell Optiplex 390 gave out. I have bought an exact replacement an replaced it. Computer will not reboot. "No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine". I don't have a rebootable CD so I don't know if that...
  3. No Boot Device after Replacing Broken Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Boot Device after Replacing Broken Hard Drive: After 8 months, West Digital Hard Drive on my refurbished Dell Optiplex 390 gave out. I have bought an exact replacement an replaced it. Computer will not reboot. "No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine". I don't have a rebootable CD so I don't know if that...
  4. No Boot Device after Replacing Broken Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.: My hard drive failed in my Dell Inspiron Zino HD. I replaced the HD, loaded the original windows 7 disc then upgraded to windows 10 again. I had a back-up saved every week, on an external HD and went to the HD and clicked on restore my files to original location, but the...
  6. Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.: My hard drive failed in my Dell Inspiron Zino HD. I replaced the HD, loaded the original windows 7 disc then upgraded to windows 10 again. I had a back-up saved every week, on an external HD and went to the HD and clicked on restore my files to original location, but the...
  7. Restoring my Windows 10 to a replaced Hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  9. File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Restore After Replacing Hard Drive: I recently replaced my hard drive and restored the data from the company that backed up my computer. However, I can not find my Work File. Can anyone help me find it?...
  10. activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement: How do I activate Windows 10 after replacing my hard drive. I tried windows key and X as suggested and find "no administrative" space to fill in. I have my old windows xp disc with a number on it....