Windows 10: Restore Windows 10 from imae does not work

Discus and support Restore Windows 10 from imae does not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So - Latest Microsoft Security patch broke my network connectivity and broke my video editor. I uninstalled the patch, everything worked fine for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MihaiSor, Mar 4, 2021.

1. MihaiSor Win User

Restore Windows 10 from imae does not work

So - Latest Microsoft Security patch broke my network connectivity and broke my video editor. I uninstalled the patch, everything worked fine for exactly 1 day, when Microsoft sent another patch.

This one doesn't uninstall. I tried everything including uininstalling the patch in recovery mode. Error uninstalling security patch. Great.

I have a recent Windows backup, a "WindowsImageBackup file on a USB drive. And a boot CD.

Rebooting, select option to re-image from backup.

"Windows cannot find a system image on this computer"

As of right now, that image is on the D: drive root, and on the connected USB drive.

Windows cannot find it.

I have no option to search for it.

Ironically, I have the option to "Install a driver" which allows me to browse local drives including the USB, so everything is connected, but not to search for the actual drive.

Oh I also have the option to browse the network. Doesn't work. It can;t connect to the network.

Any ideas besides restorig factory settings?

:)

MihaiSor, Mar 4, 2021

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    *.ima error

Does Incredimail otherwise work? Maybe Incredimail just wants to have that format associated with a program you may have installed, or may not.
    Here's a couple of pages about the .ima file format:
    IMA File - What is it and how do I open it?
    IMA File Extension - Open .IMA Files
    More at .ima file format at DuckDuckGo .
    I use the .ima format with WinImage.

Berton, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Restore Windows 10 from imae does not work - Similar Threads - Restore imae does

2. Restore Windows 10 from image does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Windows 10 from image does not work: So - Latest Microsoft Security patch broke my network connectivity and broke my video editor. I uninstalled the patch, everything worked fine for exactly 1 day, when Microsoft sent another patch. This one doesn't uninstall. I tried everything including uininstalling the...
  3. System Restore does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore does not work: [ATTACH] So, I keep getting this particular error message every time I try to do a system restore, how do I fix it? I tried using different restore points , but no solution obtained. Can someone help me out? Thanks!...
  4. System restore does not work Windows 10 1809 17763.253

in Windows 10 Customization
    System restore does not work Windows 10 1809 17763.253: Today after I got forced on me update to new build of Windows 10 1809 my backups stopped working and after trying to find out why I noticed, that something with System restore is corrupted. The app window starts with this error code: [ATTACH] and then hangs on the...
  5. Why does restore not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does restore not work: I have recently had cause to use the Restore function to overcome problems. But is goes through the motions but ends with a failure message saying restore did not work....
  6. .ima in incredimail

in Browsers and Email
    .ima in incredimail: Hello all, i use incredimail and since this official release of win 10 I keep getting an error message telling me "icredimail needs to be assoscsated with .ima file s do you want to assocciate it YES/NO" no matter what select I still get this error. I had this with some of...
  7. *.ima error

in Browsers and Email
    *.ima error: I am using increadimail and keep getting a message "ima file is not associated with incredimail do you wish to associate it YES NO" niether make any differance .It seems to have come and gone with different builds. Help anyone 32218
  8. Does System Restore work better in 10?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Does System Restore work better in 10?: Hi Group, I am trying to decide if it is worth upgrading from 8.1. I have had trouble with the system restore function in 8.1. It does not make as many restore points as in XP, is harder to access, and crashes. Has it been improved in 10? Thanks! Mike *092 20222
  9. Does windows 10 home support restore from nas

Does windows 10 home support restore from nas: I am curious as i recently purchased a nas and some drives to go with it but i got windows 10 home, i read somewhere that only windows 10 pro support restore from a network drive is this true? 87106
  10. Does Windows 7 Backup & Restore work in Windows 10?

Does Windows 7 Backup & Restore work in Windows 10?: I've noticed after upgrading Windows 7 to 10 that Backup and Restore (from 7) remains available in the Control Panel. The app appears to work, but I tried running a backup, including system image, on a friend's system and heard that it failed. I haven't looked at it yet, but...