Windows 10: Restore windows 10 from the recovery drive

Discus and support Restore windows 10 from the recovery drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a recovery drive. None of these options works. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BudRatner, Jul 17, 2020.

1. BudRatner Win User

Restore windows 10 from the recovery drive

I have a recovery drive. None of these options works.

Restore windows 10 from the recovery drive 1e12b399-1619-4065-b0f6-3956789acf1d?upload=true.jpg

:)

BudRatner, Jul 17, 2020

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Restore windows 10 from the recovery drive - Similar Threads - Restore recovery drive

2. recovery or restore hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery or restore hard drive: Hi , think I might have deleted my hard drive by accident on my hp stream laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-or-restore-hard-drive/a172898e-be14-4b5e-882d-ba2cdcdb4880
  3. recovery or restore hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recovery or restore hard drive: Hi , think I might have deleted my hard drive by accident on my hp stream laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-or-restore-hard-drive/a172898e-be14-4b5e-882d-ba2cdcdb4880
  4. recovery or restore hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 System Restore and Dell OS Recovery Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 System Restore and Dell OS Recovery Drives: Hi, Should Windows System Protection Restore Points be enabled for the "Image" and "DELLSUPPORT" drives that appear under "Available Drives"? I have also created "Program Files" and "ProgramData" folders on my secondary hard drive to install some larger programs on, should I...
  6. Windows 10 System Restore and Dell OS Recovery Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 System Restore and Dell OS Recovery Drives: Hi, Should Windows System Protection Restore Points be enabled for the "Image" and "DELLSUPPORT" drives that appear under "Available Drives"? I have also created "Program Files" and "ProgramData" folders on my secondary hard drive to install some larger programs on, should I...
  7. Windows 10 System Restore and Dell OS Recovery Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Restore Points and Recovery Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Points and Recovery Drives: When I create my recovery drive and restore points, will my browser profiles/preferences also be saved somewhere in the mix? In both, or, either one? submitted by /u/Davis_o_the_Glen [link] [comments]...
  9. How to use Recovery Drive to restore Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Recovery Drive to restore Windows 10 computer: [ATTACH]Essentially, a Recovery Drive stores a copy of your Windows 10 environment without your personal files and desktop applications on another source, such as a […] This article How to use Recovery Drive to restore Windows 10 computer first appeared on...
  10. Recover Windows 10 from a Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Recover Windows 10 from a Recovery Drive: How to: Recover Windows 10 from a Recovery Drive How to 'Recover from a drive' to Reset Windows 10 [img] Information A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won’t start. A recovery drive is a USB version of a system...