Windows 10: Restore Windows 10 Home after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro (Temp Key)

Discus and support Restore Windows 10 Home after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro (Temp Key) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For Clarification: My Windows 10 Home had a Digital Licence attached to my Microsoft Account, and I would like to be able to go back to using that So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KaustubhDuddala, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Restore Windows 10 Home after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro (Temp Key)

For Clarification: My Windows 10 Home had a Digital Licence attached to my Microsoft Account, and I would like to be able to go back to using that

So I used the temporary Windows 10 Pro key to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro thinking it would already be active. I've tried multiple things to go back, and even resorted to the Microsoft Toolkit thing. The Windows 10 Default Key. Nothing. Nothing worked. I couldn't active Win10 Pro and I couldn't go back to Win10 Home. Can someone help me go back to Windows 10 Home? I would prefer a method that doesn't require wiping the data.

:)

KaustubhDuddala, Jul 25, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Restore Windows 10 Home after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro (Temp Key)

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Restore Windows 10 Home after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro (Temp Key)

1. Restore Windows 10 Home after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro (Temp Key) - Similar Threads - Restore Home upgrading

2. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key: Hi! This is my first post and I am still a somewhat beginner with Windows. I am a student attempting to upgrade my laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home) to Windows 10 Pro (I was following information on how to use Xamarin and it recommended enabling Hyper-v for the...
  3. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Windows 7 key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Windows 7 key?: Hi, I have some questions about Windows 10 activation. About a year ago I got a new laptop with 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD with Win10 Home. I removed the SSD and replaced the HDD with a 2TB that I'm using for dual booting. I reinstalled Win10 to an empty 1TB partition from a...
  4. Windows 10 Home Key after to upgrading to Pro

Windows 10 Home Key after to upgrading to Pro: Hi, I want to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro, as my local shop is having a big discount sale. After I upgraded to Pro using the new key, what happen with my current Windows 10 Home key? Can I use it for another device? If it's worth to mention, I upgraded to 10 Home from...
  5. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro with bad key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro with bad key: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home on my PC. I recently was given a Windows 10 Pro key from someone who said he had a handful of them. If the key that he gave me works, but later on is found to be 'fake', would it just revert back to Windows 10 Home that came with my PC, or will I...
  6. Windows 10 Pro key cant upgrade Windows from Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro key cant upgrade Windows from Home to Pro?: So I bought a Windows 10 Pro key on Ebay like 2 years ago for 5$. I used it to activate my laptops windows which was Windows 10 Home and as expected it upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro. Everything is working perfectly fine to this day. I'm looking again for a key on Ebay and it...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro key: I've got two laptops: the old one, with Windows 10 Pro (1909) installed after a free update from Windows 8.1 Pro the new one, with Windows 10 Home (1909) installed I've got the Windows 8.1 Pro product key, and I want to transfer it to the new PC. Microsoft support tried...
  8. No product key after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro for Workstations

No product key after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro for Workstations: I have Windows 10 Home that I bought from the Windows store and have no problems. Once I bought it it included the key to activate. I then purchased an upgrade through the Windows Store for Windows 10 Pro for Workstations and I was not given a key. Both versions show paid...
  9. How to recover Windows 10 home retail key after upgrading to Windows 10 pro?

How to recover Windows 10 home retail key after upgrading to Windows 10 pro?: I recently purchased and freshly installed Windows 10 Pro on my pc that had Windows 10 home. I completely forgot to write down the old Windows 10 home product key before formatting the HDD. Is there anyway to recover my Windows 10 home key?...
  10. Windows 10 Not Activated After Home to Pro Upgrade

Windows 10 Not Activated After Home to Pro Upgrade: Hello -- I recently upgraded my three-month old Razer Blade laptop from Windows 10 Home to Pro using the Windows Store. I then restarted, enabled Bitlocker on my C: drive, then added a PIN to my that drive after enabling "Require PIN" in Group Policy Editor. A day after...