Windows 10: Restore Windows 10 Home to factory settings - can't disable Bitlocker

Discus and support Restore Windows 10 Home to factory settings - can't disable Bitlocker in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi I have Windows 10 Home version and really would like to restore the PC to factory settings. The problem is that when I try to reset the PC it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by GratefulPerson, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Restore Windows 10 Home to factory settings - can't disable Bitlocker

Hi

I have Windows 10 Home version and really would like to restore the PC to factory settings. The problem is that when I try to reset the PC it gives me the following message: “Bitlocker must be disabled to proceed. You can enable Bitlocker after this process is complete. Do you wish to continue?”. This is the first time I have come across Bitlocker and I understand that Windows 10 Home does not have Bitlocker. This has meant that I haven't been successful in trying to locate where the bitlocker function is. So if I type into the search bar near the start key 'bitlocker' or 'manage bitlocker' , nothing appears for me to try to disable. Similarly if I right click on the drive (I only have 'c' drive) there is no bitlocker option.
    I thought I had success when I went to control panel – administrative tools – services, because I was surprised to see a file called BitLocker Drive Encryption which I changed from manual to disable.

There seems to be something somewhere on the PC to do with the bitlocker that is stopping me at the last hurdle from resetting the PC. Could you tell me where I am going wrong please? Your help would be really appreciated.

Thank you

:)

GratefulPerson, Apr 7, 2020

2. How to restore factory settings

Hi Brian,

I suggest you to perform Restore factory settings, it will automatically delete all the details and the setting will be restore default a new. Click on the article how to perform Restore factory settings.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Note: It is recommended to take a Backup of all your files before performing Restore factory settings, it will wipe out all the data.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 8, 2020
  3. restore t factory settings

I recently took possession of a laptop with Windows 10 home on it and I want to do a clean install on it;there is nothing on it that needs to be backed up. How do I proceed to restore the laptop to factory settings?

leftynomore, Apr 8, 2020
  4. dorsetlad Win User

Restore Windows 10 Home to factory settings - can't disable Bitlocker

How to restore factory settings

Sorry,as stated in my original post, i am unable to restore to factory settings since upgrading to Windows 10,because the Windows 8.1 restore information has gone. That was the essence of my query. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Brian

dorsetlad, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Restore Windows 10 Home to factory settings - can't disable Bitlocker

1. Restore Windows 10 Home to factory settings - can't disable Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Restore Home factory

2. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.: Hi,A friend in his nineties is attempting to restore his Windows 10 computer to its original settings. He lives well over a hundred miles away so my advice has been via emails and links to online websites. He started the process today but has hit a snag after everything was...
  3. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.: Hi,A friend in his nineties is attempting to restore his Windows 10 computer to its original settings. He lives well over a hundred miles away so my advice has been via emails and links to online websites. He started the process today but has hit a snag after everything was...
  4. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Restore Windows 10 Home to factory settings - can't disable Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restore Windows 10 Home to factory settings - can't disable Bitlocker: Hi I have Windows 10 Home version and really would like to restore the PC to factory settings. The problem is that when I try to reset the PC it gives me the following message: “Bitlocker must be disabled to proceed. You can enable Bitlocker after this process is complete....
  6. restore to factory setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore to factory setting: I want to clean off all personal info and photos so I can give away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-factory-setting/8a2f17d0-0d42-44ea-88b8-0c220f939493"
  7. Can't restore factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't restore factory settings: After I got a new pc it got a bit buggy. I can't install certain apps and troubleshooting doesn't work. I tried to restore pc to factory settings since I already have quite a few apps installed, but it's not working. I tried many different things I found on internet, but...
  8. Restore to Factory setting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore to Factory setting: I decided to restore laptop lenovo ideapad since it was running slow but it said there was a problem and nothing changed. I then clicked on startup repair and it said it was something about strttrail so i end up doing command and putting it ‘chkdisk /r /f c:’ and the problem...
  9. Restore to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore to factory settings: Hi I want to restore my pc to factory settings since I someone got signed in as a temporary user. I've tried many solutions to fix it but no luck. So my last option may only be to do factory reset. But here again...another problem. When I go into recovery I don't have the...
  10. Hacked and can't restore factory settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacked and can't restore factory settings: Help! Last night my runescape account got hacked and I'm afraid some virus was left on my laptop. I can't seem to reset te settings even tho I followed a lot of guides... Can someone pls help me I'm kinda desperate! Nothing works! When I try to reset it says some program is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore display color windows 10