Windows 10: Restore Windows 10 Professional backup to Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Restore Windows 10 Professional backup to Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased a Surface Go to replace my Surface Pro 3. Is it possible to create a backup from the Pro (source) and restore it to the Go (destination)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by genenyc, Jun 12, 2019.

1. genenyc Win User

Restore Windows 10 Professional backup to Windows 10 Home

I purchased a Surface Go to replace my Surface Pro 3. Is it possible to create a backup from the Pro (source) and restore it to the Go (destination) without bricking the device in the process?

:)

genenyc, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

I just tested Windows image back up in windows 10. They put the system imaging back into Windows after taking it out in Windows 8. Last month after I did a clean install I made an Image.
    Its a little hidden. After creating an image. To restore:
    Settings/update and security/recovery/restart now/advance/use image

It literally took 10 minutes to restore my system

To make an Image just use Backup and restore in the control panel it says (Windows 7)

Jetster, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Restore Windows 10 Professional backup to Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Restore Professional backup

2. Windows 10 Backup And Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup And Restore: Dear Sir I am using Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.610 and facing problem for windows system image backup and restore utility which failed to create system image backup and popup Error Message Device was not Ready followed By Error OX 80070015 .I have tried it with...
  3. Backup and Restore - Windows 10

Backup and Restore - Windows 10: I am attempting to set up a back up schedule for my new Windows 10 system. Do I really want to use the Windows 7 Backup and Restore that my pc keeps going to?...
  4. Windows 10 Home versus Professional

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home versus Professional: I am currently using a desktop with Windows 10 home installed I am about to move to a new computer with Windows 10 Professional installed, I know that the pro version provides additional features but should all my current apps run with not changes Thanks...
  5. backup and restore windows 10

backup and restore windows 10: My old WD drive died and I bought a new WD drive but windows 7 backup and restore will backup only my files, not the whole computer including the OS. It seems to require a specific format on the drive. What to do?...
  6. Windows 10 Backup and Restore

Windows 10 Backup and Restore: When I go to Windows 10 backup and restore page on my HP Notebook why does it show Backup and restore Windows 7 When I have Windows 10.Windows 10 was already preinstalled on this laptop when I bought it ?...
  7. backup and restore windows 10

backup and restore windows 10: My old WD drive died and I bought a new WD drive but windows 7 backup and restore will backup only my files, not the whole computer including the OS. It seems to require a specific format on the drive. What to do?...
  8. windows 10 backup & restore

windows 10 backup & restore: Hello, I am trying to delete a windows backup image off of my PC that my brother made of his PC through windows backup feature. I can locate the file in file explorer, however, when I right click on the file and select delete I get the message "the file is in use by system"...
  9. Backup and Restore on Windows 10

Backup and Restore on Windows 10: I have a surface pro 3 with windows 10 and have tried to backup and restore to a USB drive multiple times. I keep getting this error Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\LadyRW\Desktop\Documents. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002)) Backup encountered...
  10. Backup and restore with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and restore with Windows 10: I am new to 10 and in the past version of Windows I have used the free version of Backup Maker for backing up my hard drive to an external drive. The program works okay but does have some issues I am not happy with. I thought I would try to use the Backup and Restore File...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore a backup of windows 10 home on pro

2. professional backup and restore windows 10