Windows 10: Restore Windows 10 search result behaviour

Discus and support Restore Windows 10 search result behaviour in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi to everyone, I'm here to ask help to restore a behaviour of the search results in Windows 10. Creating a new user on Windows 10 I realized that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tex_willer, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Restore Windows 10 search result behaviour

Hi to everyone,

I'm here to ask help to restore a behaviour of the search results in Windows 10.

Creating a new user on Windows 10 I realized that the search results have different graphics and layout compared to my current user.

As you can see in the attachment below, when searching for "Control Panel", this is the result for my current user.

Restore Windows 10 search result behaviour e7b7965b-c7fe-4a36-a681-61111defec2b?upload=true.png

But when I look for the same thing in the newly created user it is seen differently. There's an entire new section.

Restore Windows 10 search result behaviour 54cdb91b-d5cb-4cf1-bb05-f8dd29667764?upload=true.jpg

Is there any menu to set these settings?

Thank you very much for your help.

:)

tex_willer, Apr 5, 2020

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Restore Windows 10 search result behaviour a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Apr 5, 2020
  3. searching error "search results may be incomplete"

Hello Yitzchok,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Search window giving error "Search results may be incomplete" in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I would suggest you to run
    Search and indexing troubleshooter and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open Registry Editor.
    • Go to the following Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Create a new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1. If you already have this value, then just modify its value data from 0 to 1.
    • Sign out and log in back to your Windows account. Alternatively, you can just restart the Explorer shell.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Please reply with the results, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Restore Windows 10 search result behaviour

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Restore Windows 10 search result behaviour

1. Restore Windows 10 search result behaviour - Similar Threads - Restore search result

2. Windows 10 search results out of order

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search results out of order: I have several external drives and network drives connected to my computer, when I use search from my computer, it shows results out of order. In other words. Network shares show up first, then D:, E: and finally C:how is this behavior controlled, and how do I adjust the sort...
  3. Windows 10 change in behaviour after system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 change in behaviour after system restore: Ok, so let's be honest my small brothercousin was watching some vids and then he accidentally deleted the HP oem recovery drive but as I was fixing it I created a restore Point and done something wrong in the process so I restored my system but, after that I saw that the...
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results: My Surface can no longer search the web from the search bar. It still works perfectly fine for local file search, but it will not search the web....
  5. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  6. Windows 10 Search Not Returning Results

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Not Returning Results: Hello, The Windows 10 Search function has stopped working. I checked online for the basic troubleshooting and nothing resolved the problem. I will list specifics of the system below. Thanks in advance to any assistance with this search issue. Windows 10 Pro is installed on...
  7. Windows search behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search behaviour: Hi, I noticed that, when performing a search via the Windows search function and then clicking on "see more results", it opens an explorer window with the search results. So far, so good. The issue is, when I do the next search the same way and then clicking again on "see...
  8. Windows 10 Settings Search No Results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Search No Results: When i try to search something in Windows 10's Settings at that search box nothing shows up, no results. Any solutions? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-settings-search-no-results/e1cdce7a-1131-48e8-ab53-d7bc2f2e0d32
  9. Windows 10 Search not working - no results returned

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search not working - no results returned: Windows 10 search bar returns no results. If I restart the Windows Seach service then Search will provided results once before failing again. I have done the following:- Updated Windows Restarted Cortana Changed Pagefile parameters Unistalled Bullguard Anti-virus The...
  10. Search box in Windows 10- No results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search box in Windows 10- No results: Hi When I open a folder in Windows 10 File Explorer, and I click on the search box and type in a folder that I want, It tells me NO ITEMS MATCH YOUR SEARCH But it's crazy because I can see the document I want right in front of me in that folder but when I try search it...