Windows 10: Restore Windows 10 Settings for file explorer.

Discus and support Restore Windows 10 Settings for file explorer. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Her File Explorer: [img] My File Explorer [img] Her Right Click Menu: [img] My Right Click Menu: [img] Hey Everyone, I am trying to figure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cscott0108, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Restore Windows 10 Settings for file explorer.

Her File Explorer:

Restore Windows 10 Settings for file explorer. [​IMG]

My File Explorer

Her Right Click Menu:

My Right Click Menu:

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to figure something out on my wife's computer. She wanted the dark theme for Win 10 File Explorer before this was added to the 1809 updated. She used something like winblinds (unsure of exact program) to change the look. She then later uninstalled it and anything else to change the theme so I am unable to restore settings.

When I enable Dark mode now, if I right-click the main menu is still light even though dark mode is no but also the text is also white due to the dark mode until you highlight it. Similar to the File Explorer, when dark mode is enabled the list of her files are dark but the boarder/header with the file, view...so on is light though dark mode is enabled. Also her ribbon is missing it just has that organize, Open, Give access to and New Folder options. I cannot find a way to return it back to default. Like mine. Her computer has been up and this has been done a long while ago like a year or more... before 1809 update so I'd rather find a way to return these settings to factory rather than attempt at reloading the computer to factory.

I have to enable dark mode back on her computer to show some of the settings I have written here but I don't have access to it at the moment but if needed, I can provide. Also any help here is appreciated.

:)

cscott0108, Apr 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Restore Windows 10 Settings for file explorer. :p

Frick, Apr 7, 2019
  4. wren9x Win User

Restore Windows 10 Settings for file explorer.

Windows 10 file explorer not responding

following ALL of the above steps did nothing. explorer.exe still broken.

additional steps taken:

1x system refresh, explorer still dead

1x clean boot, explorer still dead

3x sfc /scannow, rebooted in between, explorer still dead

1x restore point, all programs uninstalled, explorer worked for 4 hours, then died.

1x reset, explorer still never opened

1x reverted back to 8.1, explorer woked, autoupdated to 10, explorer died

1x COMPLETE WIPE, reinstalled 8.1, autoupdated to 10, explorer died.

wiping again. reeinstalling 8.1. turning off updates for good.

amazing this CRITICAL issue exists at all.

wren9x, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Restore Windows 10 Settings for file explorer.

1. Restore Windows 10 Settings for file explorer. - Similar Threads - Restore Settings file

2. how to restore File Explorer in Windows 10, 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to restore File Explorer in Windows 10, 21H2: I cannot find an answer from Microsoft except instructions from much earlier builds still using IE.Any instructions to fix my problem are very old and pertain to much earlier os builds.OR YouTube which offers videos explaining it in Swahili, not comprehensive English.Must I...
  3. how to restore File Explorer in Windows 10, 21H2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to restore File Explorer in Windows 10, 21H2: I cannot find an answer from Microsoft except instructions from much earlier builds still using IE.Any instructions to fix my problem are very old and pertain to much earlier os builds.OR YouTube which offers videos explaining it in Swahili, not comprehensive English.Must I...
  4. how to restore File Explorer in Windows 10, 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. settings & file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings & file explorer: settings, file explorer and a couple of others don't open to the desktop and remains minimised in toolbar so how do I bring them to the screen even after windows update and restarting didn't help. I can see them in a small box window and they seem to be opened but only in a...
  6. settings & file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings & file explorer: settings, file explorer and a couple of others don't open to the desktop and remains minimised in toolbar so how do I bring them to the screen even after windows update and restarting didn't help. I can see them in a small box window and they seem to be opened but only in a...
  7. settings & file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File Explorer Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Setting: Hi Folks, I am trying to get File Explorer in Win10 to look more like Win7. How do I remove these seemingly un needed 7 Folders as in my image. - [img] 164289
  9. Setting universal defaults in File Explorer for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting universal defaults in File Explorer for Windows 10: I have a folder with hundreds of sub-folders, sub-sub-folders, etc. and I want every one of the folders to show "Date modified" just to the right of the file name. So, I used View→Options→View to first reset the default. I then went to View→Grouping→Select Columns and...
  10. Windows system files & settings restoring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows system files & settings restoring: I am stuck with this message i.e. please wait while windows files & settings are being restored. System Restore is restoring the registry... Pls help me out....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore file explorer settings